Frontstage help

Darren5531
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Iowa
I am currently trying to plan out a new front stage for my 2000 Altima. I was planing to go active with either a eclipse 8053 or a pioneer 880prs depending on how cheap I am able to get either of them. Anyways now to hard decisions. I am on a very strict budget for all of this. Here are the 2 options I am debating back and forth.

Pair of DLS MS6 components going passive at first until I get a new hu then I will be going active with them.

Pair of Rainbow slx 265 euro components probably going active or buying passives. Most likely go active since they are quite a bit cheaper.

I plan on having everything in the stock locations for now. Next month I will place the tweeters higher and more on axis. I haven't figured out what my plans for the mids are yet.

I plan on selling which ever set I buy this summer and going a more DIY route. If I am looking for sound quality(warm, clear, crisp highs) and I don't know if buying the MS6's is worth the extra $50 or so dollars. Any advice would be great.

Thanks for your time,

Darren

I am not 100% set on selling them. I will be driving my car a lot more this summer and I figure I will want to change things around to get more of a feel for what I like and don't like. I will probably be able to sell them for basically the same price I will pay for them.

Couple of question so we can hopefully help you out better:

1. What kind of music do you primarily listen to?

2. What is your max cost cap for each of the following?

Your TOTAL project budget broken down like so:

-a.) HU

-b.) Front Comps

-c.) Active Crossover

-d.) Wiring, Hardware, misc install costs

3. Are you planning a sub+amp sometime?

Couple of question so we can hopefully help you out better:
1. What kind of music do you primarily listen to?

2. What is your max cost cap for each of the following?

Your TOTAL project budget broken down like so:

-a.) HU

-b.) Front Comps

-c.) Active Crossover

-d.) Wiring, Hardware, misc install costs

3. Are you planning a sub+amp sometime?
Well I plan on getting a not 100% functional or damaged eclipse 8053 or Pioneer 880prs depending on which contacts me back+the lowest price. I want to spend around $100 on a front stage right now. I know very cheap and I was figuring on waiting until I had more and just go the DIY way but I want to know how more things sound in my car. Active processing via the headunit. Everything little I have covered besides maybe a 4 channel rca.

I mostly listen to either heavy rock or very musical rock such as shinedown, smile empty soul, saosin, crossfade etc. I also listen to some hip hop, rap, but less often then the others.

I have a rockford 225.2 bridged on a 15" tc9 in a sealed box. I will port it this summer if I don't end up downsizing to something smaller.

Well I plan on getting a not 100% functional or damaged eclipse 8053 or Pioneer 880prs depending on which contacts me back+the lowest price.

I want to spend around $100 on a front stage right now. I know very cheap and I was figuring on waiting until I had more and just go the DIY way but I want to know how more things sound in my car.

Active processing via the headunit.

Everything little I have covered besides maybe a 4 channel rca.

I mostly listen to either heavy rock or very musical rock such as shinedown, smile empty soul, saosin, crossfade etc. I also listen to some hip hop, rap, but less often then the others.

I have a rockford 225.2 bridged on a 15" tc9 in a sealed box. I will port it this summer if I don't end up downsizing to something smaller.
Here you go:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6735_Blaupunkt+Vc660.html

Use code "blaupunktspring" to get 10% off. Total shipped will be only $63 (formerly $179.99) from an authorized Blaupunkt dealer.

With 100+ Wpc RMS, they will perform great.

I would have recommended the PG RSd65cs set, but at ^ that price, the Blau's win.

I am choosing between the DLS MS6's and the rainbow slx 265 euro. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might just end up buying both and selling which ever one I don't like(rainbows I'm guessing)

Well I'm assuming the ms6's are going to be better since they are comparable to the slcs from rainbow even though they loose they are still close. Thats how I could go wrong with that lol. I wish everything would jump down 110+ dollars

Well I'm assuming the ms6's are going to be better since they are comparable to the slcs from rainbow even though they loose they are still close. Thats how I could go wrong with that lol. I wish everything would jump down 110+ dollars

I know there better just thought it was a good deal, I wish my DLS 6.2i's were in, but I am sure both would be good DLS wins a lot of SQ, and everyone loves a rainbow lol

The Blau's are $63 shipped. If you have an amp with that can feed them approprately, the midbass is pretty strong on them. $63 is cheap just to try out. You can easily make that money back here in the for sale subforum or on eBay. It's a win-win.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.