Tweeter imaging directly up...opinions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
I know I can listen myself, but I'd like your input.

My car has a stock location for tweeters at the very front of the dash. There's a small area the tweeters rest in and face directly upward...right at the windshield.

Picture of location.

The tweeters would sit right underneath that grill and fire straight up. Also, for those with Sigs "off", I'm running HAT L1 tweeters.

The whole reason I'm bringing this up is because I'll be finally finishing my midrange pods and if I'm moving the tweeters, I need to do it now before I glass a spot in.

Just curious what EQ'ng could be done here, and how much would be required. The windshiled has a pretty steep slope; I'd say about 40 degrees. Maybe a little less. Not sure what kind of T/A I could do here, and how beneficial that would be. In all, is imaging a big deal aiming tweeters directly upward? I've usually had them pointed in my direction. Just don't want to run into any major issues here.

Had to tell from the pic btevery car a tweeter/system is different. i played with my tweeters in the A pillars for litterally a month then decided (pissed off) to throw them down to the kick panels...**** what a difference. Mounted them there believe it or not. I took first place in my first SQ IASCA contest but scored lower than I like in imaging so upgraded to CDT's 500 "Upstage kit" and they aren't mounted yet but it is a HUGE improvement. With that play wih angels, phase, height, and everything you can think of before finalizing anything...try the kicks:)

Sorry hard to type with this much booze in the blood.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

i dont know but ive ridden in TONS of chrysler 300's and just daimler in general has midbass drivers in the doors, and has a midrange and tweeter in the dash firing up at the windshield. the stock system sounds good and the boston acoustic system sounds even better with the same configuration. i think you would be happy with it. seem like it images just as good but without all the work. i dont know, ive heard people say its bad, but it sounded bomb to me. later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.