Front stage placement question...{*Pic*}

CJL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
oZone
frontstageev6.jpg

Does anybody think this would cause any problem or sound bad?

*PS: This is not a exact pic of my car but i have the same car...*

That looks like a cutlass or monte carlo, I forget which.

Probably takes 3.5" or 4X6 in the dash, firing at the windshield... not good.

Only room in the bottom of the doors for 4" in the carpeted area.

If you would be willing to do that much work on a custom install, 5.25" or 6.5" components in the kick panels would be the best way to go.

The problem with putting the speakers where you suggest... though it would be much better overall sound than 3.5" in the dash (just about anything would be better), the speakers on the side you will be sitting are so much closer than the distance the speakers are apart from each other... it's a bad ratio, you won't get a good phantom center image and good balance for two people like you would with kick panels. And if you measure, even the tweeters will be closer yet than the mids.

Very true.

it takes a 3.5" in the dash...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Kick panels would work in the passenger side but i dont think it would work in the driver side due to the emergency brake pedal..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Its a Grand Prix(same GM G body design though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)

Very true.
it takes a 3.5" in the dash...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Kick panels would work in the passenger side but i dont think it would work in the driver side due to the emergency brake pedal..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Its a Grand Prix(same GM G body design though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)
do you ever really need the e brake lol

do you ever really need the e brake lol
You will be surprised. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

i have 3.5" on the dash in my 89 cutty and i mean its not imaged the best by any means but it really isnt bad IMO. they are loud enough and sound good enough to keep up with the IDQ

That looks like a cutlass or monte carlo, I forget which.

If you would be willing to do that much work on a custom install, 5.25" or 6.5" components in the kick panels would be the best way to go.

The problem with putting the speakers where you suggest... though it would be much better overall sound than 3.5" in the dash (just about anything would be better), the speakers on the side you will be sitting are so much closer than the distance the speakers are apart from each other... it's a bad ratio, you won't get a good phantom center image and good balance for two people like you would with kick panels. And if you measure, even the tweeters will be closer yet than the mids.
does it matter about the "phantom imaging" though since nobody sits in the center of the car anyways, and you can't make it sound like thatunless you have time delay settings and near perfectly placed speakers anyways.

In my 3 experiences with kick panels...I just dont like them.. I feel that your leg blocks nearly all the sound that "hypothetically" you are supposed to gain (just like the door panel on a door), and if its not your leg (which in EVERY situation it is...its the steering wheel

So since phantom imaging doesnt matter would it be a bad idea?

I really dont have no where else to put them tho.

Thats about the stock location in my 04 Crown Vic and i have had several setups in there. For daily driving, its ok def not ideal. There is a serious bias on the driver side compared to the passenger side when im driving, but i cant afford kicks yet so its going to have to do.

Unless your serious about imagining i think it will be fine up there, like I said not the best place by any means, but it will get the job done. Its just a daily driver right?

Bump...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I have a question about Kick panels....

Since most of the times your (Db)scores are louder 'in the kick', wouldnt that mean kick panel pods would most likely get drown out by the bass?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.