Front facing or rear facing in my situation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Korn

CarAudio.com Newbie
Alright, so I know this is posted about a lot on here but I haven’t been able to get a clear answer for my situation exactly. So I currently have two evl-15s facing the rear of my car which is great cause they hit really hard. I have a friend with 12s in a one cabin car with the subs not separated in a trunk and they sound and feel so good. Im looking to get a new car in the near future most likely a Camaro and I wanna know if I should just toss them in facing the rear and deal with the obscene trunk rattling or if I build a ported box that seals the subs into the cabin so I can feel it in the air more. I don’t know if I explained this very well but I just don’t know if I should make getting a car with no separation between trunk and cabin a priority or if I can get the most out of my subs in any car.

Alright, so I know this is posted about a lot on here but I haven’t been able to get a clear answer for my situation exactly. So I currently have two evl-15s facing the rear of my car which is great cause they hit really hard. I have a friend with 12s in a one cabin car with the subs not separated in a trunk and they sound and feel so good. Im looking to get a new car in the near future most likely a Camaro and I wanna know if I should just toss them in facing the rear and deal with the obscene trunk rattling or if I build a ported box that seals the subs into the cabin so I can feel it in the air more. I don’t know if I explained this very well but I just don’t know if I should make getting a car with no separation between trunk and cabin a priority or if I can get the most out of my subs in any car.
The last newer Camaro I looked at the dude was trying to fit a kicker 18 and the trunk looked way too small with not enough depth if I remember the trunk correctly looks like you would need a pretty shallow box maybe 2 in wide and 11 in tall if it was me I would probably just do a band pass with a single port up through the rear deck hitting the window and seal off the deck

The last newer Camaro I looked at the dude was trying to fit a kicker 18 and the trunk looked way too small with not enough depth if I remember the trunk correctly looks like you would need a pretty shallow box maybe 2 in wide and 11 in tall if it was me I would probably just do a band pass with a single port up through the rear deck hitting the window and seal off the deck
32 wide not 2 it's easy to put a tape measure in there and see what you've got to work with put those measurements up here and people can tell you more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.