GEORGIA
Ok my friend has 2 of these subs

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2234

And he has this amp

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=513

Would his system be louder than this not counting the box factors and stuff

Sub:05 Type R 12"

Amp:Viper 1200.1

Now he just got his system and he asked me if i could hook it up i said id ask yall how to first right now he jsut wants me to hook up his amp and his subs to his stock stereo

Can you give me a link to a wiring kit i could buy for it and maybe a diagram on how to wire the subs thanks.

Or just tell me how to hook up the whole thing you can pm to tell me how to do the whole thing or if u have msn u can add me id really like to do this for my first time so if u dont mind describin the whole thing id really appreciate it

Btw he got those 2 subs, a custom fiberglass box, a pioneer HU and that amp for $650 do you think this was a good deal he got it used from his older brother so he knew if it was abused or not. and his brother paid 1400 for it all brand new.

You need a line level converter. If you wanted to go the cheap and fast route, Walmart.. They can also be found at Best Buy, Circuit City, Ultimate Electronics ect... or just a local car stereo shop

Thanks, Trevor.

That makes it much easier to answer your question //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have a look:

2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.gif

Wire the subs as pictured - bridge the amp to a single mono channel. This will make the most of the available power, IMO.

As for hooking it up to a factory radio you'll need a line out converter (or LOC) to change the speaker-wire input to an RCA output. You can pick one up almost anywhere that sells audio gear - Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, etc. It'll come with instructions. Hope this helps!

And......

Will that setup be louder than a 12" Type R on a Viper 1200.1? Provided the Type R is in a suitable enclosure and the amp settings are right I'd seriously doubt those low-level Fosgates could come close.

ok well wat kind of wiring kit will he need ill prob get it form walmart i need all the specifics so ill know exactly what to buy so i can do this successfully.

Well the walmart wiring kits ****. I mean they do good for anything under 700 rms. Are you planning on sending the full 1200 watts to the sub? If so, you will need a bigger inline fuse if you go with the biggest walmart amp kit

1200 watts? my friends amp is only 900 im talking about setting his up not mine i dont have mine ordered yet.
That 900 watts is a peak output rating only. Or, to put it more simply, it's an irrelevant number. That amp bridged puts out 300 watts RMS (continuous) power.

Well - if you're going Wal-Marting have a look back in the mobile audio section (normally located back in automotive somewhere) and have a look at the Scosche wiring kits. The one that is marked "Dual amplifier wiring kit, up to 1100 watts" or something akin to that. I think it goes for about $25 or thereabouts. It will contain everything you need excepting that line out converter. For the money that's a pretty good kit, IMO. You'll get a length of 4 gauge power cable, a shorter length of ground cable, a couple of sets of RCA cables, a smallish distibution block, and then like some 8 gauge cable to feed the amp from after the distribution block. For an amp like that Fosgate your buddy has 4 gauge from the battery and 8 gauge coming out of a distro should be plenty.

Just don't forget the line out converter. Since you're wiring the amp to a factory deck you'll need to find a switched power source to tap into to connect the amp's remote turn-on circuit to so it isn't constantly on killing the battery.

Wire the subs as pictured - bridge the amp to a single mono channel. This will make the most of the available power, IMO.
As for hooking it up to a factory radio you'll need a line out converter (or LOC) to change the speaker-wire input to an RCA output. You can pick one up almost anywhere that sells audio gear - Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, etc. It'll come with instructions. Hope this helps!
Ok well how do i bridge the amp?

Can you give me a link to a LOC so ill know what it looks like?

Only reason i cant hook up his HU yet is becasue he does not have the right connector for his truck yet and he doesnt have the spacer thing becasue the dash is double din and his HU isnt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.