Lightning Audio? *Brace for Backlash*

Do_
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here
Alright, I found a Lightning Audio P2.12.4 12" 4 ohm subwoofer for a little under 20$ Shipped. I just want to play around, and I don't have any income to save up for something better. Is a little under 20$ a good deal for a new one of these? I'm basically just gonna be playing with it, hooking up to my stereo, maybe getting a 80 w or 100 w amp from a flea market for like 15$.

Depends, do you want to hear anything? I ran one attached to 600wrms, and I could hardly get any audible output on it in 1 cube sealed under your standard DD/DLV (Daily listening volume) scenario. Mind you they are rated at 250wrms or something similar. I swear, those thing are the least efficient woofers I have ever had the misfortune of owning.

You're better off getting a lesser known brand of speaker. $20 won't get you a lot, but it will get you better. Check out http://www.partsexpress.com.

Also, if you're not bias against egay you can check them out. Sometimes you can get a good used woofer for cheap.

Just on the side too, does anyone know what the required box volume would be on it? Lightning Audio P2.12.4 12" 4 ohm is the actual like... model or whatever. It's not on LA's website because I figure it must be an older model. 1/3 of the LAMARE!

I put a LA 300W 12 sub in the girlfriends car and it got pretty loud sealed. I myself was surprised.

We had to put some polyfill in the box tho

i had a lightning audio 300 w sub i think it was a P3 model had it in a 1.25 cu ft box with 150 watts goin to it and it got decently loud, still i think they are the most least efficient subs i've ever dealt with.

Just on the side too, does anyone know what the required box volume would be on it? Lightning Audio P2.12.4 12" 4 ohm is the actual like... model or whatever. It's not on LA's website because I figure it must be an older model. 1/3 of the LAMARE!
you have no idea what the lamare is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.