frequency ranges

subbass 0-80hz, midbass 80-300hz midrange 300-3000hz treble 3000hz-20,000hz. Midrange to treble is generally the least well defined, but that's a good starting point at tweets usually start around 2.5-4k, depending how low the tweeter will go.

Here, this took 3 seconds on a google search, I too have seen a easier to read one, but this seems good regardless.

main_chart.jpg

lows aka subs 32-80 or 100 hz

bass, synth bass, organ, anything that goes low

mids 80 or 100 - variable depending on your tweeter and crossover network

guitar, human voice, etc

highs wherever your crossover point is up to 20,000 hz

snares, symbols, clicks, ticks, etc

that is a rough answer but you should get the idea

many instruments would have complex sounds waves with lot of harmonics and this would be covered by multiple speakers, this includes the human voice

as a side note

a shure sm58 mic is not designed with a flat output, in fact it has a vocal presence boost around 2 khz....

related idea....many "harsh" tweeter freq. are around or at 2khz

i think most 2 way crossover will split the mids and highs around 3,000 hz....not positive because this really depends on your equipment

this is why I like electronic music like rap for example. The kick drums are not real and they don't have retarded overtones.

i don't want 400hz in my kick drum, give me 50-100hz and nothing more.

lows aka subs 32-80 or 100 hz
bass, synth bass, organ, anything that goes low

mids 80 or 100 - variable depending on your tweeter and crossover network

guitar, human voice, etc

highs wherever your crossover point is up to 20,000 hz

snares, symbols, clicks, ticks, etc

that is a rough answer but you should get the idea

many instruments would have complex sounds waves with lot of harmonics and this would be covered by multiple speakers, this includes the human voice
Talk about high lows. Lows are 80 and under at worst. This is typically where headunits cut off for low end headunits. Anyone that has an install worth anything is 63Hz and under on subs.

this is why I like electronic music like rap for example. The kick drums are not real and they don't have retarded overtones.
i don't want 400hz in my kick drum' date=' give me 50-100hz and nothing more.[/quote']

You've never seen a live band, have you?

You've never seen a live band, have you?
Lol exactly. God forbid drums sound like drums. Especially on a system that can really play the midbass and midrange cleanly and loudly. In my last car well recorded drums would make you blink, no question, synth drums, ehh, just lots of punch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.