Frequency hz setup

Jmackin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2021
Amherst Ohio
I’m fairly new to car audio “been toying with it for about 2 months” I was wondering what the frequency hz does on a Rockford fosgate amp I have a p600x4 and a r2-500x1 I don’t know what to set it too or how to know if somebody can explain it to me that would be great thanks

Jeremy11

Apr 13, 2018
Loganville,GA
I’m fairly new to car audio “been toying with it for about 2 months” I was wondering what the frequency hz does on a Rockford fosgate amp I have a p600x4 and a r2-500x1 I don’t know what to set it too or how to know if somebody can explain it to me that would be great thanks
I’m assuming that is the amps built in crossover settings. Depends on what you are using as the main crossover. the amps or the head unit or an external crossover/dsp. That will affect where you set them.

Jmackin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2021
Amherst Ohio
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m running 2 t1650 full range 6.5” from Rockford fosgate 2 mid range 6.75” Rockford fosgate speakers and 2 tweeters connected to 2 crossovers with the midrange speakers my mono amp which I also need to set the frequency on is a r2-500x1 and it will be running a p3d4-10 wired at 2 ohms

Kickstand

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jan 1, 2021
Maple Ridge
You have them set to all pass which means the amps crossover is bypassed
Since your running components with passive crossovers then then you don't need the to mess with the amps crossover
You can set your gains (input level) with a multimeter and test tones
Here is a how to on it
You can download the test tones from the JL audio website

As for the cross over on the sub amp I would start at about 80 hz and then play with it until it sounds right
Just make small adjustments and then listen for a day and then re adjust if needed
It takes a long time to get them just right
Hell I used to always play with mine, now I have DSP so there are way more settings to play with
It kind of comes with the territory
You can set the gains on your sub amp the same way and the punch EQ is a user specific kind of thing
You just have to play with it until you like the sound

Jmackin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2021
Amherst Ohio
I’m running 2 t1650 full range 6.5” from Rockford fosgate 2 mid range 6.75” Rockford fosgate speakers and 2 tweeters connected to 2 crossovers with the midrange speakers my mono amp which I also need to set the frequency on is a r2-500x1 and it will be running a p3d4-10 wired at 2 ohms

Jmackin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2021
Amherst Ohio
You have them set to all pass which means the amps crossover is bypassed
Since your running components with passive crossovers then then you don't need the to mess with the amps crossover
You can set your gains (input level) with a multimeter and test tones
Here is a how to on it
You can download the test tones from the JL audio website

As for the cross over on the sub amp I would start at about 80 hz and then play with it until it sounds right
Just make small adjustments and then listen for a day and then re adjust if needed
It takes a long time to get them just right
Hell I used to always play with mine, now I have DSP so there are way more settings to play with
It kind of comes with the territory
You can set the gains on your sub amp the same way and the punch EQ is a user specific kind of thing
You just have to play with it until you like the sound
Thank you I will start at 80 and play around with them

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Sarasota, FL
If you want to email me at: [email protected], I can help walk you through some of this stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds