FREE Subs & Marine Speakers for Review

Had a litte bit of play time with the Elux 12 . Not ready for a full review but thought I would share my initial impressions. Packaging was excellent. Essentially triple boxed. I like the looks of the sub from the front although I am not a fan of the plastic beauty ring. The frame is much sturdier than the SRW12 that I received previously but I still don't care for the looks or design of it. The edges are sharp and it is a bit awkward finding a good spot to grab it from. Plenty sturdy though and it will be inside the enclosure in my install so its not a huge concern. Just seems like some money could have been saved by using an off the shelf frame design that is a bit more user friendly. The sub has two sets of push terminals that easily accept 12 gauge wire and maybe even something a tad bigger. Motor isnt huge by any means but the sub has a little weight to it . Definitely beefier than the SRW subs. I am doing my initial listening test in a 1.75 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 35 hz with a 4" aero port. I listened to a few of my favorite tracks of various genres and the sub did a good job with most of them. It also got suprisingly loud. For what it is so far I am liking it. Has a real nice sound to it and good output for sub in the 60-70 dollar range.

So far I am pretty impressed with this offering. Sounds good on a wide range of songs and has respectable output. I am considering purchasing the step up Encore series sub based on what I am hearing so far.Wish I had been selected to review that

Well I got my 15 today and it was fkd up from Fed EX trim ring was shattered the box had a big dent and gash in it and the sub frame is bent to hell. I will see if I can straighten it out somehow but I am going to ***** at Fed Ex and see what they say.Sent you an email about it Lucky.

Wish I would have gotten in on this. I have the perfect enclosure to test two of these 12's. Always a day late and dollar short...lol
I sent a email but no reply. I wish I could of also, Had a nice amp waiting for them lol.

email sent

2013-01-26 12.51.11

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

shoot, I cant post pics.... help

copied and pasted from my vm and amazon review: I was sent one of these to write a review, and after playing with it for a week here are my impressions:

I also own a pair of the lower quality VM Audio subs to compare. These have a larger surround than I was expecting. However it seems to be rubber just like the lower quality ones, so in freezing temperatures these will more than likely seize until it warms up(reminds me to update those reviews). With the large surround and loose spider, the sub has quite a bit of excursion. I swapped it with a Type R I had and it seemed to handle my 1k rms @ 2 ohms worst than the R, but I only tried ~1.3 cuft sealed. I was suprised how well they did sound, plenty of punch and have a pretty flat response.

The magnet does look like it's in a boot, and I would rate this sub closer to 800 than the current rating. They also upgraded to a harder metal basket which was a big con of the lower model. However I noticed for the removable plastic ring around the surround isn't mounted, and the drywall screws I used had to bore the hole some to actually fit.

Overall, It's a decent quality subwoofer. If this is the max in your budget and have the power to make it useful, do so. And if you live in a cold climate, I'd look for ones with a foam surround.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LuckyatVMI

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LuckyatVMI
Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date