FREE Subs & Marine Speakers for Review

My review I posted on vm's website

well first off let me say i received this sub to test. on arrival package was well secured with double boxing and plenty of protection for the sub. i will say the basket design could be alittle better but is alot stronger than their low end vr subs which i have tested as well. I love the big surround on sub as well as the push connect post. one thing that could be improved on from the post side is the subwoofer leads...they seem alittle small imo. now as far as performance, this sub has great punch. i have it paired up with a mb quart onx1.1600d amp wired at 2 ohms(1100w rms) and the sub loves the rating. i would say about 700-800w rms all day for this budget of a sub. pair this sub up with another and you have yourself a great budget bass setup that will perform with a punch. i tried the sub out with different types of music and will say it didnt really like the higher fq of bass...it picked up the low ends pretty well. the box i have is tuned around 32-33hz and like i said has great deep punch. in the end if you are on a budget and looking to run a pair of subs that will delievery imo clean deep bass for the price, you cant go wrong with the elux series. VmI is stepping up with each sub they release.

i can not for the life of me post a **** review on neither site. my computer is dead and my phone won't let me run the full site.
When I added my review on VMI of the other subs it never ended up getting posted. The amazon one worked fine though. Hoping to wrap up my review today and post tomorrow .

My review I posted on both sites.

I was sent this sub to test out. I was happy to see it quickly shipped and arrived via FED-EX but it was beat up badly the trim ring was crushed and the frame was bent. I notified VM and within a few mins I received an email telling me another sub was on the way along with a return auth and label. AWESOME!!! service. 2 Days later the replacement arrived and I must say for the price I was thoroughly impressed with the build quality for the price point. I already had a 3.3 cubic foot sealed box built and quickly and easily installed it with the included screws. I ran this single 15 in my Volvo wagon on a APSM 1500 amp and I am happy to report it preformed way above what you would expect for the price. On rock tracks it was tight and punchy and kept up with no issues. I then played some bass tracks and again I was impressed it really shined in the 35-45hz range with very healthy extension down to 25hz. I was running about 800 watts to the sub and it never had any issues with bottoming out. I would absolutely recommend this sub to anyone on a tight budget who wants top notch bang for the buck. Thanks for letting me test this sub VM Innovations you guys are great!

Anybody out there still rocking their Elux subs? I pulled mine out for a few days but am debating putting it back in and maybe buying a second. They really sound pretty good and are fairly efficient. Anybody out there having good luck sealed? I may try that next

I had the 15 ported for a while. got loosened up and wanged hard on very little power. my box was built with low tuning for a totally different beast but this sub hopped in and sounds good. My review has been on both sites for a while now. Hope to test more equipment in the future! Thanks again Lucky!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LuckyatVMI

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LuckyatVMI
Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date