free simple box designs.

3 cubes @ 31 hz
Sub up Port back

28" Wide 14" high 35" deep

Single 15" driver getting fed 1000 watts =]
does the 14" include height for sub? or do i need to accomodate for it?

edit: assuming it accounts for sub/sub excursion. got box designed.

box is 22w 13t and 31d

all walls are 11.5 inches tall

left is 22x11.5

right is 21.25x11.5

back wall is 24x11.5

front is 29.5x11.5

port 1 is 16.25x11.5

port 2 is 15x11.5

baffle is 31x22

be sure to take into account the ports location when cutting your baffle.... shouldnt be in the way if you put sub close to corner

2535.png

for you sir.

25w 20 deep 14 tall.

port is 2.5x12.5

first section should be 4 inches next 9.25 and then 9 inches

left and right walls are 18.5x12.5

front wall is 12.5x 25

real left wall is 11.25x12.5

rear right wall is 11.25x12.5

top is 25x20
I'm happy that you're learning and practicing, but I need to tell you that this isn't a very efficient port design. You need the port to be as free flowing as possible, and there is no reason whatsoever to have two bends when they aren't necessary. More importantly, if it can be avoided, you never want to vent out against a wall (where a wall forces the air out aka the exit is at 90 degrees to the port versus the port terminating facing the air aka in line with the port) as doing so can cause a good amount of compression and you'll get port loading. You don't want that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm happy that you're learning and practicing, but I need to tell you that this isn't a very efficient port design. You need the port to be as free flowing as possible, and there is no reason whatsoever to have two bends when they aren't necessary. More importantly, if it can be avoided, you never want to vent out against a wall (where a wall forces the air out aka the exit is at 90 degrees to the port versus the port terminating facing the air aka in line with the port) as doing so can cause a good amount of compression and you'll get port loading. You don't want that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I read that 3 times and still don't quite get it. Could you just do some quick paint pictures to kinda show me what you mean?

It's a sealed box, so "after displacement" can only mean sub displacement since there is no port. You didn't even include what sub you're using so he would know the displacement of it.
12x12x18" internal will give you 1.5 cubes, so external dimensions will be 13.5x13.5x19.5" if you use 3/4" MDF

knock yourself out.
great thnx

true, i wasnt entirely sure how to tackle centering the port and avoiding that. ill prolly redo it if i have time. thanks for your input. much appreciated. i welcome all constructive criticism.

12" cutout
2.5cubes @ 32hz

13.5 height

31 width (max)

?? depth can work with this

double baffle, no extra supports needed inside

port back, sub back (possible to do sub up port back without conflict?)

I read that 3 times and still don't quite get it. Could you just do some quick paint pictures to kinda show me what you mean?
Two identical length ports, both running along the rear baffle of the enclosure. The ideal one will end with the port wall parallel to the rear baffle and will be ported out the side of the enclosure so that the air goes straight out. The non-ideal one will have the port wall parallel to the rear baffle, BUT, the port terminates with the rear baffle, meaning that the air makes a 90 degree turn up against the side of the enclosure, and it's that bend that forces the air out.

true, i wasnt entirely sure how to tackle centering the port and avoiding that. ill prolly redo it if i have time. thanks for your input. much appreciated. i welcome all constructive criticism.
I didn't even read that it was part of the criteria, so never mind. I can't figure out another way to do it myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i think i caan pull it off with 1 turn, haha but will need to redo all dimensions.... how deep can it go? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Back of a station wagon so 2' or 3'. Sub could also face up if needed.
does the port have to be top to bottom? or can it be longways on the bottom of box? but still centered? i can make that work. will be like a "rectagular air duct" running along the "ground"

got a new design, too tired to upload now. will tomorrow...

car DVD player online store

Car DVD GPS Player can play MP4/ DivX/ XviD/ DVD/ CD /VCD / CD/ CD-R/ CD-RW / MP3 with GPS TV FM RDS DVB-T Bluetooth SD Card Amplifier can show the best route to your destination can help you save a lot of time ,especail when you in strange city

Chrysler 300C Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System 3D Screen Steering wheel control

Product Description:

Touch screen 5.0 Inch 2-DIN TFT LCD Monitor with DVD Player/TV/4*45 amplifier/AM/FM/GPS Built-in/CDC/USB/SD Card

3D menu Operation

ipod ready

Steering wheel control

DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW Formats

Dimmer function for night driving

DVD/VCD/CD changer control interface

Multi-channel auto EQ

Auto reverse function when parking

Car clock function

AUX input

Bluetooth build-in

Warranty:One year

car DVD player online store

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.