Free air sub in a box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fullthrottle

CarAudio.com Newbie
#1 I just got a Rockville ms10lw 2400 watt 10 inch marine sub im going to build an enclosure that will mout across the roof im my rzr im just trying to test out my idea with some cheap equipment to see if i even want it in the place im putting it my question is its advertised as a free air sub but its going to have to be in a fiberglass box would it be better to keep the volume smaller like .8 to 1ish cuft or i could probably come up with room to go to like 2cu. Ft. Thanks for any help

Being marketed as IB (infinite baffle -- there's really no such thing as a "free-air" sub) I thought it would have unusual specs, but in Win ISD it models like most low cost subs. It will work sealed or ported.
It actually models best in a ported box, but I'm guessing FG on a roof would make porting very difficult.

Sealed - 1 vs 2 cf really isn't much difference (.8 to 1.0 even less). There's a slight advantage in the lower freqs with a larger box, but honestly - playing at a volume high enough for it to matter you're going to run out of xmax before you'd ever hear a difference.

Thanks for the info thats exactly what i was looking for i might try mess around with a ported box once I get into it but it is a rzr so idk how much its worth investing in a sub anyway seems like being in a open cab is hard to create good bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.