Found 30 plus year old JBL unicorn

Participant count
  • Participant list
What a wonderful day I'm so excited. Browsing through Facebook marketplace and came across somebody selling a JBL gtq 200 for the low low price of $35. The pictures looked good. And the description said it was in great shape. But to my amazement I had no idea of how good of shape this thing was actually in. I'm just about 99% sure I'm the first person to ever played music through it. There's not any scratches on the mounting tab from the screws. I don't think anybody's ever mounted this amp. When I arrived to pick it up I threw some power to it real quick little red light came on...good enough for me at least it powers up. After I got home and get a better inspection I started to realize that this amp is still brand new. I knew there would be no way to see would actually play. But to my very happy amazement it plays like the day it came off of the showroom floor. It's the first time I've been on this website I wish I could post a picture but I'm not sure exactly how to.

What a wonderful day I'm so excited. Browsing through Facebook marketplace and came across somebody selling a JBL gtq 200 for the low low price of $35. The pictures looked good. And the description said it was in great shape. But to my amazement I had no idea of how good of shape this thing was actually in. I'm just about 99% sure I'm the first person to ever played music through it. There's not any scratches on the mounting tab from the screws. I don't think anybody's ever mounted this amp. When I arrived to pick it up I threw some power to it real quick little red light came on...good enough for me at least it powers up. After I got home and get a better inspection I started to realize that this amp is still brand new. I knew there would be no way to see would actually play. But to my very happy amazement it plays like the day it came off of the showroom floor. It's the first time I've been on this website I wish I could post a picture but I'm not sure exactly how to.

Push this little button to insert photos on a phone…

1677439189196.png

Dammned good amps. I ran that series for years. I just sold my last GTQ400 last year. I still have a GTS600 left. that series will run up to 16v, and specs are @11.9v. the actual UNICORN in that series are the Concord that look exact as the GTQ series. Thats when JBL Bought out Concord. I had a very nice collection of these amps as well and sold over the years.The GTQ series are some of the Best amps JBL ever made in my opinion as well as experiencing. Die Hard amps and sound Fantastic as well. Real Harmon Kardon made series. Hell of a find for the price for sure. The 400s have a built in fan.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Niyotalet

CarAudio.com Newbie
Niyotalet
Summerdale, AL, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views