For the love of needing louder music, please help me!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mzsunshine41075

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
Please no laughing at me, only with me!! If I have everything connected, speakers to amp, speaker wires then spliced with quick connects to the rear door speaker wires under interior trim for signal. Amp ground to bolt in trunk, amp power connected to in line fuse holder, then to positive battery terminal. EXCEPT there is no remote wire connected- will the amp still come on? Also, since I have tapped into the rear door speakers for the signal, I no longer have any need for RCA'S or LOC, correct? Thanks to all for helping!!

Last edited:
I didn't use High level inputs tho, do I need to? If so, please explain to me what the difference is...to someone who knows not much at all about audio equipment please (in "blonde" terms and words would be appreciated lol)

If you aren't using RCAs you will need to use the high level inputs. Either one to get music signal. The remote wire tells the amp to turn on. They connect to the headunit so the amp turns on when the headunit turns on. You can also tap into a fuse that turns on when you turn your key on if you don't have an aftermarket headunit.

If you aren't using RCAs you will need to use the high level inputs. Either one to get music signal. The remote wire tells the amp to turn on. They connect to the headunit so the amp turns on when the headunit turns on. You can also tap into a fuse that turns on when you turn your key on if you don't have an aftermarket headunit.
I can't thank you enough for answering all these questions. I thought connecting the subs to the rear door factory speakers was for the signal.... if not, what did I need to connect them for? And this signal is so that the subs know when they are needed in the actual music itself, is that right? Man I probably sound like an idiot to all of you.
So I either need to put speaker wires into the HLI or use RCA'S? I do not need to do both tho. Also, does this make a difference or change at all since I have tapped into the rear door factory speakers, connecting them directly to the aftermarket subs wires at the back of sub box for the signal? I ask this because since I am new to all of this I am curious that if I take the sub wires off the "speaker out" at the amp and instead connect them to the HLI does this affect the factory rear door speakers that I tapped into for the signal? While I am here...should I be hooking the 6 factory speakers to their own amp or to the one with the subs, or do I not need to hook them to one at all for better sound/clarity/volume since I am installing the subs with an amp? If so and an individual amp is your answer how big of one do I need for the 6 factory speakers? Now about that remote wire...is there anything i can tap into in the sides or rear of vehicle to tap into it so amp comes on when car is started? I always have radio on so not worried about having amp go on and off when radio is turned off and on, but I am thinking about putting a dial to turn the bass down when my
Grandbabies are in car with me. That's a whole separate list of ?'s though

I can't thank you enough for answering all these questions. I thought connecting the subs to the rear door factory speakers was for the signal.... if not, what did I need to connect them for? And this signal is so that the subs know when they are needed in the actual music itself, is that right? Man I probably sound like an idiot to all of you.
So I either need to put speaker wires into the HLI or use RCA'S? I do not need to do both tho. Also, does this make a difference or change at all since I have tapped into the rear door factory speakers, connecting them directly to the aftermarket subs wires at the back of sub box for the signal? I ask this because since I am new to all of this I am curious that if I take the sub wires off the "speaker out" at the amp and instead connect them to the HLI does this affect the factory rear door speakers that I tapped into for the signal? While I am here...should I be hooking the 6 factory speakers to their own amp or to the one with the subs, or do I not need to hook them to one at all for better sound/clarity/volume since I am installing the subs with an amp? If so and an individual amp is your answer how big of one do I need for the 6 factory speakers? Now about that remote wire...is there anything i can tap into in the sides or rear of vehicle to tap into it so amp comes on when car is started? I always have radio on so not worried about having amp go on and off when radio is turned off and on, but I am thinking about putting a dial to turn the bass down when my
Grandbabies are in car with me. That's a whole separate list of ?'s though
I connected a remote wire, tapping into yellow acc wire behind pillar b, and put the sub wires into high level inputs and still no sound

Subwoofer wires would go into the speaker OUT terminals of the amp. The high level inputs are for your rear speakers to send signal to the amp.
So I hook the subs directly to the amp at the sub out and the wires i connected the rear door speaker I put them into the high input. I don't connect them directly or splice them into the sub wires?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.