For all the CAB 1600.1 nuthuggers...

You can get the exact amp for under $100 on Alibaba..
https://imgur.com/gallery/5Ojp3
It's not $100 when all is said and done. I have contacted China about a couple of Amps, including seeing about getting a version of the Belva BB5000dv2 made since Belva seems out of the game.

Single piece orders you pay the sample price + Express shipping which is usually $100. CAB likely spends roughly 94-125 total per amp at a minimum to get them to the US...

If two amps have the same board layout does that mean they are the same?
What about the actual internals....
There is no magic in the internals of the CAB, but yes the actual guts will need to be spec'd the same to call them the same amp....

There is no magic in the internals of the CAB, but yes the actual guts will need to be spec'd the same to call them the same amp....
Yeah for sure. I was just talking in general but if you open the amp up you can just look at the brands on the caps, its right on the side.

That's probably the easiest one to see.

Then you have your transformers, transistors, modulator, diodes, rectifiers, fets, whatever else I can't think of.

Cab amps aren't for me but I won't go down that road.

So I run a cab and I really don't see many nut huggers on here. I am not impressed with it but I am also not disappointed its just a cheap amp that seems to work with me leaning on it 5 days a week for about a year. I am guessing you're mad because people recommended that 200 dollar amp over your 110 dollar amp and you think yours is a better value? At the end of the day maybe it is maybe it isn't but what a dumb post.

So I run a cab and I really don't see many nut huggers on here. I am not impressed with it but I am also not disappointed its just a cheap amp that seems to work with me leaning on it 5 days a week for about a year. I am guessing you're mad because people recommended that 200 dollar amp over your 110 dollar amp and you think yours is a better value? At the end of the day maybe it is maybe it isn't but what a dumb post.
I'm pretty sure thats not at all why he made this post. I think the point was unlike some people who say otherwise, there is no magic in the CAB 1600.1, or with CAB in general. It's an amp design anyone of us could import (If we wanted to take the risk), and really shouldn't be thought of any different than any other chinese amps. Hell I have a Soundstream amp right now on my dyno that doesn't perform that far off fro the CAB and it's cheaper...

I'm pretty sure thats not at all why he made this post. I think the point was unlike some people who say otherwise, there is no magic in the CAB 1600.1, or with CAB in general. It's an amp design anyone of us could import (If we wanted to take the risk), and really shouldn't be thought of any different than any other chinese amps. Hell I have a Soundstream amp right now on my dyno that doesn't perform that far off fro the CAB and it's cheaper...
Well I know when smd dynoed them people started getting pretty excited about it but I cant remember anyone ever saying there was anything special about them. Just a good bang for the buck amp and I have never heard anyone say anything more than that. I feel like if there are more dyno's of other amps done that do the same power for less people would be more willing to buy those amps. It would also help if smd or bigdwiz did the test on said amp to give a fair result. So what was the cost and wattage results of the amp you tested?

Well I know when smd dynoed them people started getting pretty excited about it but I cant remember anyone ever saying there was anything special about them. Just a good bang for the buck amp and I have never heard anyone say anything more than that. I feel like if there are more dyno's of other amps done that do the same power for less people would be more willing to buy those amps. It would also help if smd or bigdwiz did the test on said amp to give a fair result. So what was the cost and wattage results of the amp you tested?
Yes as a bang for the buck, its a decent amp... but people seem to be putting it on a pedestal and then recommending that amp for literally anyone regardless of their power needs. Hell this week someone recommended it someone who has 2 150W rms subs... Seriously WTF...

As for my amp dyno I'm doing on the Soundstream, I am filming it now, it did over 1800W uncertified and over 2K dynamic. I paid 191 shipped, but it can be had for less... It's a Picasso 5000.1

What one is that? Soundstream that is?
Disregard, I read on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes as a bang for the buck, its a decent amp... but people seem to be putting it on a pedestal and then recommending that amp for literally anyone regardless of their power needs. Hell this week someone recommended it someone who has 2 150W rms subs... Seriously WTF...
As for my amp dyno I'm doing on the Soundstream, I am filming it now, it did over 1800W uncertified and over 2K dynamic. I paid 191 shipped, but it can be had for less... It's a Picasso 5000.1
Ha yeah I havent seen that but that seems silly to suggest such an overkill amp. Have you had a chance to test a cab to compare? Do you use the AD-1 for testing?

best bang for buck i've seen and he tested was the jbl gtx500 did 864rms $100 and u know peeps sell them used for $50 to get a "better" 1k amp which is probably like 100 rms more at best in most cases... here's his utube dynos https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.