For all the CAB 1600.1 nuthuggers...

OMG you guys with the CAB need to calm the F down, nobody is saying you have a bad amp, it's a good budget amp... just like there are OTHER decent budget amps. But what your failing to see is the OTHER amps out there, and the CAB might not be the perfect fit each and every time.

Literally we JUST had a thread where the guy had 2 150W Rms SVC 4 ohm subs, had obviously zero clue what he was doing, and likely isn't going to become a board regular anytime soon. What gets recommended to him... CAB 1600.1.... Did that recommendation ask what was his electrical system was? No. Did That Recommendation include where the gain setting should be set at? No. Did it include a proper wiring recommendation? No. Did it include any other advise besides how great a CAB is and will be great for bigger subs in the future? No.

And that's fine for you, because your not spending a nickel if that guy's system goes up in smoke. A Legit 500-800W 2ohm stable amp would have been perfect for that guy.. And likely would have been a very easy solution, and perfect place to start. But nope... We can't start there anymore. Those amps are for losers.

Lastly, how many of you are going to recommend a Soundstream Ta1.3000DL? It does more power than the CAB, is rated by the MFR as .5 stable, and is pretty much the same price.

Ok... opinions are like... and your entitled to yours... keep on doin dynos... and im gonna keep on recommending the CAB 1600.1... LMFAO

I really hope no one is complaining about the price of a 1600-1800 watt amp for $200.

My first amps were Rockford Fosgate Punch 45's (Gen II) waaaay back in the late 80's. Bought two and paid $289 each for them. They were rated at 2 x 22.5 watts and were underrated. So, maybe they made around 100 watts?

To get close to 1600 watts back then you had to buy a Orion HCCA 2100 or a US Amps HC series. Maybe even multiples of each! And these were inefficient class a/b amps that cost $1300-$1500 each!

We've come a long way since the old days, yes. But, my point is that for $200 I can't imagine anyone being unhappy or feeling like they got ripped off with the CAB amp. Let CAB make a few dollars on those amps, either buy 'em or don't. It's your choice.

OMG you guys with the CAB need to calm the F down, nobody is saying you have a bad amp, it's a good budget amp... just like there are OTHER decent budget amps. But what your failing to see is the OTHER amps out there, and the CAB might not be the perfect fit each and every time.
Literally we JUST had a thread where the guy had 2 150W Rms SVC 4 ohm subs, had obviously zero clue what he was doing, and likely isn't going to become a board regular anytime soon. What gets recommended to him... CAB 1600.1.... Did that recommendation ask what was his electrical system was? No. Did That Recommendation include where the gain setting should be set at? No. Did it include a proper wiring recommendation? No. Did it include any other advise besides how great a CAB is and will be great for bigger subs in the future? No.

And that's fine for you, because your not spending a nickel if that guy's system goes up in smoke. A Legit 500-800W 2ohm stable amp would have been perfect for that guy.. And likely would have been a very easy solution, and perfect place to start. But nope... We can't start there anymore. Those amps are for losers.

Lastly, how many of you are going to recommend a Soundstream Ta1.3000DL? It does more power than the CAB, is rated by the MFR as .5 stable, and is pretty much the same price.
I agree completely. Your not saying it's a bad amp but not what should be recommended for EVERYTHING. Lol
Your driving finishing nails....you can by a 15 ounce hammer for $25 but the 26 ouncer is the same price. Get the bigger one right? You may have to drive spikes some day....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree completely. Your not saying it's a bad amp but not what should be recommended for EVERYTHING. Lol
Your driving finishing nails....you can by a 15 ounce hammer for $25 but the 26 ouncer is the same price. Get the bigger one right? You may have to drive spikes some day....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
100% Exactly what I am saying

I think you and boomintahoe are the only ones that got where I was going with this thread lol

Just as I suspected the nuthuggin ensued!

That ta1.3000d is lookin mighty tempting I will say!

I think you and boomintahoe are the only ones that got where I was going with this thread lol
Just as I suspected the nuthuggin ensued!

That ta1.3000d is lookin mighty tempting I will say!

tJaobf3.jpg

I liked my t1.6000.1 which is the same amp as the 3000.1

I think you may be blinded by your cab hate. I feel like most people are purely just questioning why they're being called nuthuggers for thinking nothing more than its a decent budget amp. You guys are acting like people are saying its some magical amp when realistically theyre saying its a decent amp for the money and output. As far as whos going to recommend the soundstream well why would anyone? I didn't see any amp dynos on it so what are we left with some sub flex videos and a few people saying they like the amp? For 50 dollars less I would recommend the cab with tons of info over that. For a little more I would recommend taramps or a xtr2500. What this thread looks like to me is someone is mad the budget junk they like isnt getting as much attention as the cab budget junk.

I think you may be blinded by your cab hate. I feel like most people are purely just questioning why they're being called nuthuggers for thinking nothing more than its a decent budget amp. You guys are acting like people are saying its some magical amp when realistically theyre saying its a decent amp for the money and output. As far as whos going to recommend the soundstream well why would anyone? I didn't see any amp dynos on it so what are we left with some sub flex videos and a few people saying they like the amp? For 50 dollars less I would recommend the cab with tons of info over that. For a little more I would recommend taramps or a xtr2500. What this thread looks like to me is someone is mad the budget junk they like isnt getting as much attention as the cab budget junk.
That ss 3k is the same board as the power acoustik 10k. It does 1920w certified at 1 ohm and 2510w certified at 0.5 ohm which I think is a good deal for $209!

My god you are LITERALLY proving my point. When did I say I hated the amp! Never! How many times did I say it was a good amp? Numerous! What I have been saying is it shouldn't be recommended every single time REGARDLESS of the situation! I have a XTR2500, I love it but literally recommend it to NO ONE who doesn't say they need close to 2500W+ because it is overkill that they don't need.

As for the Soundstream amp, that board has been dyno'd. It's the same circuit board as the Power Acoustik Edge 10000D. That amp does better than the CAB at every single ohm load....Certified, Uncertified, Dynamic.. Doesn't matter the Soundstream outperforms the CAB.

Both are good budget amps.

That ss 3k is the same board as the power acoustik 10k. It does 1920w certified at 1 ohm and 2510w certified at 0.5 ohm which I think is a good deal for $209!
Well those numbers do sound good. Would love to see an amp dyno of an actual soundstream. I am sure if people dynoed it it would get much more coverage than it does. The cheapest I could find it for not ebay was 250 which in my opinion puts it on par with the cab value wise but the edge being the cab didnt like .5 certified and the pa did the test. Is that amp still being made it seems like a lot of retailers dont sell it anymore if so itd be nice to see bigd or smd dyno it to get it some press.

My god you are LITERALLY proving my point. When did I say I hated the amp! Never! How many times did I say it was a good amp? Numerous! What I have been saying is it shouldn't be recommended every single time REGARDLESS of the situation! I have a XTR2500, I love it but literally recommend it to NO ONE who doesn't say they need close to 2500W+ because it is overkill that they don't need.
As for the Soundstream amp, that board has been dyno'd. It's the same circuit board as the Power Acoustik Edge 10000D. That amp does better than the CAB at every single ohm load....Certified, Uncertified, Dynamic.. Doesn't matter the Soundstream outperforms the CAB.

Both are good budget amps.
You do realize on the first page I agreed with you and said it was silly to suggest that much amp for that right? You then know that all I have really been saying is I dont think its fair to call the people that give the amp credit nuthuggers. If you want to call the single person that suggested it for that scenario a nuthugger fine I would rather call them misinformed. My reply to you was basically because youre telling them to calm down when I think most are just put off by being called nuthuggers for liking a product. So if you want to say I prove your point fine but I dont see how a guy like me that really has no real love for any component in my stereo could be a nuthugger.

You do realize on the first page I agreed with you and said it was silly to suggest that much amp for that right? You then know that all I have really been saying is I dont think its fair to call the people that give the amp credit nuthuggers. If you want to call the single person that suggested it for that scenario a nuthugger fine I would rather call them misinformed. My reply to you was basically because youre telling them to calm down when I think most are just put off by being called nuthuggers for liking a product. So if you want to say I prove your point fine but I dont see how a guy like me that really has no real love for any component in my stereo could be a nuthugger.
I never called anyone a nuthugger

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.