For all the CAB 1600.1 nuthuggers...

I haven't tested a CAB yet... Pretty much because both SMD and BigD tested it.

I use an AMM-1, with a DD-1 right now, I have a AD-1 being built for me now and will be switching to that once it gets here...

best bang for buck i've seen and he tested was the jbl gtx500 did 864rms $100 and u know peeps sell them used for $50 to get a "better" 1k amp which is probably like 100 rms more at best in most cases... here's his utube dynos https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1
Wait till you see my Dual DA8001 test... Granted that was a one shot Amazon deal, but I am still in awe on that one. The guy I sold it too is ecstatic...

Wait till you see my Dual DA8001 test... Granted that was a one shot Amazon deal, but I am still in awe on that one. The guy I sold it too is ecstatic...
i was gonna get it for friend but he didn't think gf car could power it .. for your sell price i woulda got it myself if it won't so long..

So I run a cab and I really don't see many nut huggers on here. I am not impressed with it but I am also not disappointed its just a cheap amp that seems to work with me leaning on it 5 days a week for about a year. I am guessing you're mad because people recommended that 200 dollar amp over your 110 dollar amp and you think yours is a better value? At the end of the day maybe it is maybe it isn't but what a dumb post.
huh...and people don't like me here because of some of the things I say. Well buddy,....his 1st post was very clear and the very purpose of this thread: Identical amp for 1/2 the $$. Not sure what part of that you failed to understand.

huh...and people don't like me here because of some of the things I say. Well buddy,....his 1st post was very clear and the very purpose of this thread: Identical amp for 1/2 the $$. Not sure what part of that you failed to understand.
Well buddy lets do this in order. From what I have seen people don't like you because of your limited knowledge yet you feel some need to reply to things way over your head and talk down on people quite frequently. Just my opinion though maybe there are other reasons they don't like you I don't know. You're right his first post was clear however in my opinion inaccurate. I don't see much nut hugging going around simply people pointing out a good deal they know of to someone else. Saying its half the price is just proof that you don't really understand how the world works. For starters it may or may not be identical electronics wise secondly have you ever bought from alibaba try buying that amp and let me know how much it cost to have one amp sent to your house, then tell me if its still have the price. Lets not forget the insane wait to get it or the fact that if it breaks you're SOL where as buying from CAB people have returned it under warranty with out issue. So yeah, half price if you say so. So to conclude I know you're only giving me a hard time because I questioned you on one of the many for sale threads where you post but do not buy but next time pick out a better post to do it on. Anymore questions or assumptions hit me up I will be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... I have stayed out of this one so far but it's time to add my .02... for $200 its one H*ll of a deal... the ability to run daily... (I've seen one last 16 months)... at 1/2 ohm is really unusual in a $200 amp... it may not last forever at that load but they'll do it and last awhile... granted some will fail... but if the electrical is somewhat beefed they'll do just fine... IMHO that's what makes the CAB so special... it's ability to take those low impedance loads for awhile and deliver... at 1 ohm it's nothing more than another +1500 watt amp... but take the other ones and drop them down to .5 ohm next to a cab at the same load and see which one smokes... I'm not a dyno watcher or believe in dynamic numbers, uncertified results or all the hype people create over videos made in the pursuit of truth... hey more power to ya'!.. I do know that it's a decent amp at 1 ohm, can handle low impedances for awhile and has all the right features (adjustable SSF, adjustable LP and gain)... LOL... that's all a sub amp needs IMHO... I'm huggin' dem nutz over its low impedance ability... sure... why not?.. for the price it's hard to beat.

Ok... I have stayed out of this one so far but it's time to add my .02... for $200 its one H*ll of a deal... the ability to run daily... (I've seen one last 16 months)... at 1/2 ohm is really unusual in a $200 amp... it may not last forever at that load but they'll do it and last awhile... granted some will fail... but if the electrical is somewhat beefed they'll do just fine... IMHO that's what makes the CAB so special... it's ability to take those low impedance loads for awhile and deliver... at 1 ohm it's nothing more than another +1500 watt amp... but take the other ones and drop them down to .5 ohm next to a cab at the same load and see which one smokes... I'm not a dyno watcher or believe in dynamic numbers, uncertified results or all the hype people create over videos made in the pursuit of truth... hey more power to ya'!.. I do know that it's a decent amp at 1 ohm, can handle low impedances for awhile and has all the right features (adjustable SSF, adjustable LP and gain)... LOL... that's all a sub amp needs IMHO... I'm huggin' dem nutz over its low impedance ability... sure... why not?.. for the price it's hard to beat.
I’ve had mine at .67 for almost a year and a half and it doesn’t get any hotter then the Jbl 751ez in my daily with is on a 4 ohm load. For 200 doll hairs you can’t beat it. I bought it as a temporary amp but at this point I see no reason to change

Well buddy lets do this in order. From what I have seen people don't like you because of your limited knowledge yet you feel some need to reply to things way over your head and talk down on people quite frequently. Just my opinion though maybe there are other reasons they don't like you I don't know. You're right his first post was clear however in my opinion inaccurate. I don't see much nut hugging going around simply people pointing out a good deal they know of to someone else. Saying its half the price is just proof that you don't really understand how the world works. For starters it may or may not be identical electronics wise secondly have you ever bought from alibaba try buying that amp and let me know how much it cost to have one amp sent to your house, then tell me if its still have the price. Lets not forget the insane wait to get it or the fact that if it breaks you're SOL where as buying from CAB people have returned it under warranty with out issue. So yeah, half price if you say so. So to conclude I know you're only giving me a hard time because I questioned you on one of the many for sale threads where you post but do not buy but next time pick out a better post to do it on. Anymore questions or assumptions hit me up I will be more than happy to discuss it with you.
lol ...limited knowledge. Whatever you say mr less than 100 posts. I'd rather have a little knowledge than none at all. A lot of us have a little knowledge....nothing wrong with that.

I don't see what the big sin in an amp at that power level being recommended because it's easily one of the top deals out there. You know you can turn the gain down, not just up? I'm going to be getting a taramps 15k at some point but theres no way I need the power yet, people sometimes like to do the same thing even when they only need a few hundred watts

Cab looked like an interesting amp, I thought about getting one on a budget build but I went a different way.

Seems to do power and doesn't have everyone yelling it's on fire like the rockville's did.

Think cab makes a sub too, not sure on price.

I still might do a budget wall build this summer if I can find some stupid good cheap subs. (Maybe 8 of them)

Cab looked like an interesting amp, I thought about getting one on a budget build but I went a different way.Seems to do power and doesn't have everyone yelling it's on fire like the rockville's did.

I still might do a budget wall build this summer if I can find some stupid good cheap subs. (Maybe 8 of them)
CAB makes nothing. But yes they do distribute two Subs, One which is a Sundown Reject (Not that this is a bad thing) and another from China.

Also, I think Rockville might have gotten its act together (Or at least their manufacturer and amp designer did)... I tried out a Rockville DB16, and have been using it in my test area now... It's a pretty nice amp for the money, and probably better built then the M Series.

I don't see what the big sin in an amp at that power level being recommended because it's easily one of the top deals out there. You know you can turn the gain down, not just up? I'm going to be getting a taramps 15k at some point but theres no way I need the power yet, people sometimes like to do the same thing even when they only need a few hundred watts
Well why stop there? Let's recommend 5K amps to people who only need 500 Watts... Sorry I think it's overkill. And yes you can turn the gain down, but someone with no experience and no electrical upgrades will absolutely fry something in their system with these recommendations, and won't have the restraint to leave the gain down. These are beginners we are talking about after all....

Cab looked like an interesting amp, I thought about getting one on a budget build but I went a different way.Seems to do power and doesn't have everyone yelling it's on fire like the rockville's did.

yeah even the cheap cab subs have good reviews but the cab ultra is a very nice sub., kr said he thinks maybe best 2.5" coil deal around and it's $199..

Well why stop there? Let's recommend 5K amps to people who only need 500 Watts... Sorry I think it's overkill. And yes you can turn the gain down, but someone with no experience and no electrical upgrades will absolutely fry something in their system with these recommendations, and won't have the restraint to leave the gain down. These are beginners we are talking about after all....
Why wouldnt you stop there?

Where do the majority of builds end up?

Where the electrical system stops, and money increases exponentially? Yeah, that.

Not all noobs, if given the correct advice, would be as bad as you think they are. The ones that come here to ask before doing are usually smart enough to follow our advice, so if you tell them a cab 1600.1 there's a good chance they'll understand it's overpowering their system and on top of that just inform them to keep the gain down. These same noobs would buy a 5k amp because its labelled as such, it'll be twice the cost, put out the same power as the cab, and blow their subs too.

Having extra clean power and the ability to upgrade is a GOOD thing IMHO... I'll grant you that a pair of 200 watt subs on a 1600 watt amp may be overkill for some... but even those 200 watters boxed correctly and given good clean power will impress the casual listener... and eventually most look to upgrade once bitten by the bug (car audio) and look for more volume... and I believe a $200 CAB is a solid option to drive some upgraded mid level subs or one higher powered one... A Clean +1500 watts is better than a 500-800-1000 watt amp being near it's limit IMO... Most will clip the smaller amp looking for more, have their "expert friend" adjust the gain or just arbitrarily max the gain like a volume knob when their pair of Kickers don't put out what they believe they should (the actual thermal power handling ability of the coils in the 200 watt subs is sufficient for short to medium listening periods being overpowered anyways, as long as it's clean power.... "not clipped")... lol... we've ALL seen that!.. I recently installed a pair of kicker comps in a ported enclosure and loaded a CAB at 2 ohm driving the pair... the owner is very happy and sees no reason to adjust the gain or feels that it is necessary... The CAB is a basic 1500 watter at 1 ohm, 1200 at 2 ohm... nothing special, has all the right features and possesses the ability to go under 1 ohm for extended periods... at 1 ohm it's right at the limit of most large vehicle electrical systems (Possibly might dim the lights a touch) without much more than a Big 3 upgrade and a nice AGM up front... hey... I owned 2 and had no issues other than what I caused (vibration damage)... and it was warrantied with no questions or problems...

After pushin' my CAB's at 1 ohm strapped, .67 mono, 2.66 ohm strapped, 4 ohm strapped, 1 ohm mono and having NO issues... I'm certainly a nuthugger... for $200 it's hard to beat... lol

fXEhhjn.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.