JL Audio RD400/4 or Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Participant count
  • Participant list
The Jl is a class d

Rockford is an a/b amp

About the same power..and price..

If it's for mids/highs...a/b amps may have more snap to them...I've never heard a class d on mids and highs...really up to your ears.

I'd go to a place that has both...and listen.

I don't know anyone that has them, I'd be purchasing them online. The JL is new and don't see much on it. The fosgate I know people have had issues from speakers being shorted and blowing one the p600 version. I like the clip indicator on them. I can get the p400 for 200 and the jl a little under 300

If the rockford blew within a few days why didnt you file a warranty claim with rf or the place you bought it from?
It was used from eBay, I'm returning it so I'm getting a refund and I'm just gonna buy it new, but was checking out other options before I choose same amp.

I would still go with the Rockford over the JL because the RF is less money and is AB class which is better for sound quality although class D's have come a long way in terms of sq. Both are designed and built well. Blown speakers are most likely user error. Regardless of which one you choose, make sure you are buying from an authorized dealer.

I saw some posts over on DIYMA by guys who had heard or owned the JL RD amps. Some said they sounded better the JL XD amps, which I have owned and heard. The are class D as well and sounded great. So, if the RD's are better the choice seems obvious to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.