Focal vs Bose

but to listen to them in an automotive environment, rather than on some board where they more than likely will be in infinate baffle, would be more beneficial to the listener rather than in a store.
Only if it's the same vehicle, same install, same amplifiers, same settings, etc etc.

You can stick the exact same speakers in two different vehicles and get two totally different responses from the speakers.

All the argument aside, I think you can find better than both Bose AND Focal for the money. Oz Audio, DLS, and Rainbow (definitely Rainbow for clarity) come to mind.

I've recently obtained a almost fully restored 73 mercury cougar. Im going to be workin on it here soon, and was starting to think about audio. Well, I've searched around asked a few people i know, and they say Focal is the best for clarity in comp speakers. My father is a brand name type of guy and says bose is the best. So if anyone can clear this up, it would help greatly. If there are other suggestions for component speakers that might be clearer please tell me. Just wanting a really clear system that will last a good long time.
There is a reason Bose is called all highs no lows Bose! Just bought a 2021 Kia K5 with a 12 speaker Bose system and am in the process of replacing it with the Focal Utopia M series its gonna cost me $6000 but its worth it! Focal is by far the best speaker on the market and the Utopia series is Phenominal

16 year old thread...

lollll.jpg

There is no way to know what “best” is really. I can definitely say that focal is far far better than Bose though. If you do a good install, with sound deadening and some solid mdf rings, or a nice pod, any quality speaker will be good. I’m partial to morel, but that’s probably because I put the most work I’ve ever done into the install that I used the morel speakers in. I also had focal for a time and some JLs that I liked, but I didn’t have the same amount of deadener, the nice mdf ring to mount them on or the same amplifier that I had with my Morel setup. I could really hear the difference in the installs, not so much the speakers. The speakers themselves are impossible to judge without installing them in the exact same manner, then listening to them with real life ears.

Bose is the greatest audio marketing company in history. Their reputation is better than their speakers. Bose is only OEM in cars anyway.

Focal Kevlar series is wayyyy better but pricy.

Can this thread be locked? It was high on the list of recent threads. I replied to it, then realized later that this thread is OLD OLD OLD.

Nobody hates a thread more than a zombie thread that somehow bubbles to the top of a forum.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...