Focal vs Bose

Lets put it this way. Im going to put a **** load of work and cash into this car so the stereo is going to be honkin right along with it. Just need it to last a good long time also. I wont be abusing the speakers in any way, but I'm looking for near perfect quality. Looked at Lotus, are there any others in that range up there?
For near perfection, I'd take a look at the Scan-Speak line (for examples look at http://www.madisound.com): D2904 for the tweeter and the revelator series for the 18W/4531G mid. While you're there, you might want to look at the Skaaning SK300-844 woofer. (FYI, These are the basic raw drivers found in home systems in the multiple thousand $ range). Go active for Xovers.

Lets put it this way. Im going to put a **** load of work and cash into this car so the stereo is going to be honkin right along with it. Just need it to last a good long time also. I wont be abusing the speakers in any way, but I'm looking for near perfect quality. Looked at Lotus, are there any others in that range up there?
here you go champ.

http://www.focal.tm.fr/car/en/utopiabe/n7.htm

how does $5,000+ sound?

from my ear depending on your budget i WOULD go with one of these:

diamond audio s600s - low 300s

oz audio high - 200s

boston pros - mid/high 200s

focal polyglass series - mid 200s

infinity kappa perfect - low 200s

polk momos - 150s

NOTICE I DIDN'T SAY CDT i personally prefer good sounding speakers!

your crazy ^^^. ive owned and operated both kappas perfects and cdt cl comps and the cdt are by far rediculously better. and i cant say ive heard the pro series but boston's old rally series ***** compared to the cl set i have now...consider cdt man, not the strongest midbass in my install but its not sealed or deadened yet(next week). great sounding entry level tweets (id get silk domes but its all persoanl preference.

Would agree with that completely //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I've never heard a Bose setup that's impressed me, even if price wasn't a factor.
Yep, and they are usually 8x the price of what you could even say they are worth. Classic case of the wrong way to design speakers, chitty drivers and suspect engineering. Holy marketing though.

If you want real recommendations, a dollar amount and type of music plus more info would be helpful.

Bose doesnt make any car audio products other than for OEM mfg's,so whats the point?

Not only is Focal way better than Bose,but so is most aftermarket car audio speakers

Bose even when used in OEM applications is not really anything to brag about.

Bose,good quality sound for the unimformed should be there logo

Your pop should listen to the younger generation(you),they have alot more knowledge of what

technology is producing today and leave the old 4 banger beat up Cougar for his generation to fiddle with

HAHA

It really depends on your budget. My favorites are Dynaudio ($$$$) Dls Iridiums or UP6's or diamonds. The other thing to bear in mind is that not every speaker will sound good in every car, and tuning plays a major role. For instance Iridiums are a better speaker than UP6's, but the up6's require little tuning to kick ass whereas Iridiums will need more work to sound right. I LOVE Dynaudio stuff, but it is pretty pricey. Morel makes nice stuff too, also pricey.

When I was shopping for my speakers, I looked at Morel, Dynaudio, Focal, Diamond and Boston Acoustic. I had the pleasure to listen to these speakers in a car environment rather than the boards too. The BA's sounded nice, but that was it...just nice. Nothing they had knocked me off my seat. Morel sounds excellent, but the system I listened to was a 6" or 7" Midbass in door, 3" mid and Scan Speak R1 in kicks. Sounded excellent, but I wasn't impressed in the crossover network that the owner had to build for the setup. Mind you my price cap was 1600 dollars. They were right at that price for the raw drivers, the crossovers would have taken me over that price point. The Dynaudio's I listened to were the 360's in a Thunderbird, much like my Mark VIII. I loved the sound of those speakers!!!! Best IMO for the money! But they were right at 1800 and I couldn't justify the extra 200 bucks. But man what smooth sounds eminated from those speakers. I had the displeasure of listening to the Diamond D9's in a Monte Carlo and although they had incredible midbass, the midrange lacked somewhat. Besides, the D9's are only available in a two-way configuration. Then I listened to a friend's corvette with Focal installed. His were the K3P PolyKevlar series. Top of that series line. they met my requirement for price, but at the time I was wowed by the Audison Amps so I decided to go with the KP 2-way's instead.

Go with Focal...but be sure to go with the ones that have the TN-52 tweeter or better. I wasn't impressed with the TN-47 tweeter which is why I have ordered the K3P 3-way set. Should be in any day now.

Bose doesnt make any car audio products other than for OEM mfg's,so whats the point?Not only is Focal way better than Bose,but so is most aftermarket car audio speakers

Bose even when used in OEM applications is not really anything to brag about.

Bose,good quality sound for the unimformed should be there logo

Your pop should listen to the younger generation(you),they have alot more knowledge of what

technology is producing today and leave the old 4 banger beat up Cougar for his generation to fiddle with

HAHA
4 banger 73 cougar //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

When I was shopping for my speakers, I looked at Morel, Dynaudio, Focal, Diamond and Boston Acoustic. I had the pleasure to listen to these speakers in a car environment rather than the boards too. The BA's sounded nice, but that was it...just nice. Nothing they had knocked me off my seat. Morel sounds excellent, but the system I listened to was a 6" or 7" Midbass in door, 3" mid and Scan Speak R1 in kicks. Sounded excellent, but I wasn't impressed in the crossover network that the owner had to build for the setup. Mind you my price cap was 1600 dollars. They were right at that price for the raw drivers, the crossovers would have taken me over that price point. The Dynaudio's I listened to were the 360's in a Thunderbird, much like my Mark VIII. I loved the sound of those speakers!!!! Best IMO for the money! But they were right at 1800 and I couldn't justify the extra 200 bucks. But man what smooth sounds eminated from those speakers. I had the displeasure of listening to the Diamond D9's in a Monte Carlo and although they had incredible midbass, the midrange lacked somewhat. Besides, the D9's are only available in a two-way configuration. Then I listened to a friend's corvette with Focal installed. His were the K3P PolyKevlar series. Top of that series line. they met my requirement for price, but at the time I was wowed by the Audison Amps so I decided to go with the KP 2-way's instead.
The amazing thing about all of that is that none of those comparisons are in any way, shape or form valid to use to compare one of the speakers to another as you listened to them in totally different enviornments/installs/tuning. You weren't listening to or comparing traits of the speakers; but traits of everything from your seating position to the acoutics of the vehicle itself to the install/tuning ability of the installer.

I realize that Squeak, but to listen to them in an automotive environment, rather than on some board where they more than likely will be in infinate baffle, would be more beneficial to the listener rather than in a store. In every car, they are all competitors in either USAC or SLAP, and we set them to flat on their eq's or just turned them off. The only set that had custom crossovers was the bimmer with the morel's and scan speak drivers. All the others utilized the crossover that came with the speakers.

I realize that Squeak, but to listen to them in an automotive environment, rather than on some board where they more than likely will be in infinate baffle, would be more beneficial to the listener rather than in a store. In every car, they are all competitors in either USAC or SLAP, and we set them to flat on their eq's or just turned them off. The only set that had custom crossovers was the bimmer with the morel's and scan speak drivers. All the others utilized the crossover that came with the speakers.
you were in kc werent you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...