Flapping sound

Have you played the sub when you were next to it? Play your sub to the volume to where it starts making the sound, then go to the back of your car and open up your trunk or hatch and see if you san pin point the sound your describing. Its kind of hard to help with out pics or videos to see what your talking about. On your enclosure you have the sub in what kind of wood was used? What size is it?(1/4",1/2",5/8",or 3/4") this also will help us help you.

Yeah it's either bottoming out or it's dropping so much below the tuning that you are just hearing mechanical noise rather than bass (typically only happens on high tuned bandpass enclosures tho..)

sounds like u need to replace your muffler bearing...

but in all seriousness one of the panels on your box is coming apart and hitting the other part of your box. atleast thats what the problem sounds like

I'm having this sound as well. If I lift a side of the sub out of the hole, the sound disappears. If I set it in or screw it down it makes an air leak sound or a plastic in the port sort of noise. This was the same deal as my last sub.

Is if because I'm running the sub off 2 channels of a 4 channel amp bridged? I can set the volume to 16 and still hear it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.