Fixing Broken Car Amps

I have a Fosgate P400.4 with a bad channel. Is it still $25 plus parts & labor & shipping? I didn't read this whole thread so I don't know if you have changed your prices at all.

I shipped him ( Mike ) my MA Audio HK401sx... He'll be receiving it on Thursday ( Nov. 18th ) - He has great communication, I'm lookin' forward to the following week... ( I miss my .5ohm daily load - D*mn RCA Jacks make me SICK! )

... Thanks again Mike!

No problems that i have ran into repairing thoose amps 250 hcca g4 amps are very nice amps and nothing to hard to fix.

On the ab amp im putting the thing back in the heatsink tonight and powering it up to test for audio

No problems that i have ran into repairing thoose amps 250 hcca g4 amps are very nice amps and nothing to hard to fix.
On the ab amp im putting the thing back in the heatsink tonight and powering it up to test for audio
Mike, you have a PM.

I have an Orion XTR-2150 that powers up and plays but us distorted. A quick inspection of the PCB and I spotted a couple (2) burnt diodes. Really want to get it back in action having to use an XTR-250 in it's place for now. Need pics? Let me know if it's something you can fix. Thanks

I can repair the orion 2150 amp for you . Shouldnt be to bad . I can fix the Kicker amp also sounds like the kicker is going into protection mode .

Send me a pm if you want the prices to fix the amps and shipping info thanks

I just wanna put this out there for the people looking to get repair quotes on their amps......Just because you only see one or two burnt components on the board doesn't mean that the only problems with the amp are those burnt components. There is a very good chance that there are other parts that are defective that look completely normal to the naked eye. FET's blow/short out all the time with no visual sign of a problem. You will most likely get a more accurate repair quote if you simply tell Mike in the best detail possible what the problem is with the amp. Most good amp repair techs can diagnose an amp problem based on a good description of the issue rather than a pic of two burnt resistors. Just my two cents and sorry Mike if you feel this is uncalled for. Just kinda irks me reading through this and knowing a good bit about amp repairs when people say something like " there are only 3 burnt capacitors and I think thats the only problem" .

No problem at all Spooney. When people tell me they see 1 or 2 blown fets or outputs I dont replace just 1 or 2 i replace them all with brand new . All of the date codes have to match so the amp is reliable. Every amp that comes in my door i go through the amp 100% before i apply any power to it. Ive seen a few come in that they say 1 fet is burnt and it ends up being all the fets and outputs that need to be replaced. Heres a fact out of 20 amps that came in for repair only 3 of them had defective power supply fets and nothing else was wrong. The other amps needed more work then just fets like outputs,drivers,gate resistors,ect. So i know what your saying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.