Strange question - what color are the wires inside your RP-2000.1d?

Sintek

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 31, 2020
NE
I was checking components in my Skar RP-2000.1d when it occurred to me that the wires look strange. I looked at countless videos and images showing the amp's guts prior to purchase and nowhere did I see wires of this color. Most are clear or silverish, none are this horrible shade of green.

Anyway, if there are others who have or had this amp and looked inside, what did these wires look like? I ask because performance has been questionable, but I have other potential causes to rule out before deciding it's the amp.

20210122_053101.jpg 20210122_053045.jpg

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
If you believe those jumper cables in the amp are somehow a weak link 10$ worth of whatever wire you prefer and half an hour with a soldering iron should sort you out, though I doubt the color of the insulation on the jumpers in the amp is going to cause performance issues.

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
I was checking components in my Skar RP-2000.1d when it occurred to me that the wires look strange. I looked at countless videos and images showing the amp's guts prior to purchase and nowhere did I see wires of this color. Most are clear or silverish, none are this horrible shade of green.

Anyway, if there are others who have or had this amp and looked inside, what did these wires look like? I ask because performance has been questionable, but I have other potential causes to rule out before deciding it's the amp.

View attachment 26200View attachment 26202
They didn't use oxygen free cable ..the green your seeing is the copper tarnishing from air coming in contact with the wire ..which will increase the wires resistance. You want the lowest resistance that you can get for the best results.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds