Fixable mid?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok I have a set of jbl ms62c comps up front and I noticed that the passenger side woofer wasn't working, so I pull it out and I find this

20150110_112330_zpshwgw0xil.jpg
[/url]

That's with me pushing the cone up. This is how it sits

It will only work if you push down on the cone slightly. Is it fixable? If so what's the best way to go about it?

Had a tinsel problem with one of my ms62 mids too. I fixed it but it keeps acting up from time to times, lately i had to resolder the tinsels back on too. Basically mines is nearing the end of its life. You can fix with ca glue with yours but dont be surprised if you encounter more problems down the line. If you ever switch components, hit me up so i can buy the other good mid off you. Or if you like them, you can buy the other good mid off mines if yours continually have problems. I swapped the jbl mids out for soundqubed 6.5 PAs in my rear fill.

Had a tinsel problem with one of my ms62 mids too. I fixed it but it keeps acting up from time to time. Basically mines is nearing the end of its life. You can fix with ca glue with yours but dont be surprised if you encounter more problems down the line. If you ever switch components, hit me up so i can buy the other good mid off you. Or if you like them, you can buy the other good mid off mines if yours continually have problems. I swapped the jbl mids out for soundqubed 6.5 PAs in my rear fill.
I've really been thinking about switching the whole front stage. Wanna do vifa tweets, silverflute mids, and ran active on a 4 channel. I do like these ms62c comps though. My favorite sounding front stage so far. Hopefully this one will pull through so I can hear them after I finish sealing up my doors.

yeah they are pretty sweet, they hit the low midbass really well in my door. However, the soundqubed PA gave me that middle to upper midbass strong drum kick and that really surprised me. Only heard great things about the flutes.

ya i love my sq pro mids and tweeters. great sound. but was missing the lower bass . so i got 4 - 8" daytons .... now have 2- sq 6.5 and 2 8" daytons in each door.

now it sounds great.

anyway dont do 5min epoxy it heats up to fast ( hence 5min ) and gets brittle. do 30min . that should hold better. i have used every type of ca ,, epoxy as i have been into the hobby grade rc helis. well done the gas boats,,helis,,cars/trucks,,planes.. yea it all..

yeah they are pretty sweet, they hit the low midbass really well in my door. However, the soundqubed PA gave me that middle to upper midbass strong drum kick and that really surprised me. Only heard great things about the flutes.
Ok so my other mid did the same thing yesterday, just cut out, however on this one the former hasnt come unattached from the spider. I fixed the other with some epoxy, but neither will work without pushing down on the cones? Once the suspension is pushed down they magically come back to life? Any ideas as to whats wrong?

Ok so my other mid did the same thing yesterday, just cut out, however on this one the former hasnt come unattached from the spider. I fixed the other with some epoxy, but neither will work without pushing down on the cones? Once the suspension is pushed down they magically come back to life? Any ideas as to whats wrong?
It might not be at that spot, there might be a break in the tinsel lead that you are not seeing or its at the connectors. Narrow it down to exactly where its comming from and you might need to do some soldering.

It might not be at that spot, there might be a break in the tinsel lead that you are not seeing or its at the connectors. Narrow it down to exactly where its comming from and you might need to do some soldering.
All of the visible parts of the leads are good. That's what I thought it was. Maybe the leads broke underneath the spider.

Actually, it is the leads. On one woofer there is a slight tear in the - lead. And the +lead on the other came slightly detached from the cone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.