Fitting custom stuff, angles, chambers, etc..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savant
10+ year member

Duke of DOH!
Hey all..

I have tried (although with a bit of lamness) to draw out the situation I was thinking about..

I have a 2001 ZR2 (s10) Blazer.. I was thiking about how I could get my 2 12"s and and 2 10"s in the bed/back and not have 'boxes' floating around.. I also took the spare tire (31.5" off road tires) off the back of the truck and have it in the bed.. it looks stupid on the back of the truck *sigh*.. So, now.. I have most of the floor space filled with the tire if the back seats are up (I keep them down as a rule but would like to be able to lift them if needed).. so, I was thinking I would build a platform around the tire (hiding it for the most part, still would have a 'floor' above despite it being 12" - 14" above the 'old' floor) so I could leave it in the truck. I was thinking about a sliding table in that space for the amp rack too (since it's not a good idea to attach amps to boxes?)..

The first picture is of the top-down look at the bed of the truck.. The second is a look from the back looking in.. 3rd is top down 'with speakers', 4th is from back looking in..

The thing is, I don't think I'll be able to have 'cube' shapes for the chambers if I want to maximize space.. So, part of the question for this post it.. does it matter if I have several 'off shoots' on the main chamber to get a total volume needed (pic 5 kinda shows what I'm asking)? Does the port have to be in a specific spot (based on the plane of the speaker) to avoid problems or can it be 'like the pic'..? If I have to keep basically 'open' space for the speakers, I think I'd have to build over the back seats and would have a lot of wasted space..

K, thanks for the info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.