Fit 1/0 into AP18001d?

Hey I just got an AP18001d and I'm trying to fit 1/0 into the terminals on it and it appears there is absolutely no way I can fit it in there. It looks like it was meant for 4 gauge or something. Anyone have any tips to fit it in there?
We used a kinetik hc1200 as a distrobution block. 0 ga to the battery and about a 4 ft run of 4ga to the 1800.

Reducers are a waste of money just cut the **** wire down why does everyone buy those things.
What are you an advicate of the Red Green show?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Cutting down wire isnt very safe and looks SHITY

Reducers are a waste of money just cut the **** wire down why does everyone buy those things.
because it cleans up the install. If you like yours looking like **** more power to you. If you cut the wire why not just get 4awg?

Cause cutting the wire keeps the current capacity. Going to 4 ga. reduces it and reducers are just more resistance. Cutting 1/0 to 4 and heat shrinking it flipping the cut part down looks fine.

Like so:

1220091545a.jpg

Cause cutting the wire keeps the current capacity. Going to 4 ga. reduces it and reducers are just more resistance. Cutting 1/0 to 4 and heat shrinking it flipping the cut part down looks fine.
The 1800's wire goes in at an angle from the bottom it isn't a straight shot in from the side and that would look FarKed up on that amp.

I previously had my 1/0 in a 4ga terminal. Just cut it a little and didn't have any problems. Plus it was free and only took about 30 seconds to do.

Lol, does noone know how to cut the copper out of the center and squeeze it back together? Looks like you never cut it.
until you have this gaping hose that goes into the amp where it does not fit! They should rename this thread Gerry Rig 101

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.