First video of car...

you got about the same problem i got . I got a 3k amp and still cant really move any air. but my car is a DD so i cant really go to big on the box cause i like having trunk space .
I was actually really surprised when I was moving air. I didn't think my system had it in it to do that.

Quit single line posting for attention, I refuse to veiw your video now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Wtf? Is iot just cause I am on mobile? Shows ur posts, now including mine to run longways downthe screen. . . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif sorry OP for callin ya out!

Wtf? Is iot just cause I am on mobile? Shows ur posts, now including mine to run longways downthe screen. . . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif sorry OP for callin ya out!
Yeah, it's cool. I've noticed when I'm using my iPod, like right now, it sometimes does that with the layout. It's all good, as long as you do check out my video, and understand that it is difficult to move air in a Caprice off 1 kW. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, here's a question. With the amount of air I'm moving with the window open about 7 inches, can anyone give me an guestimate around what sound pressure level I may be reaching? How much SPL does it take to do something like that generally?

Id be a tad pissed if I gave up 4.5 cubes of trunk space and couldnt even move enough air to make a slight breeze in my car strong enough to shake a hanker chief.
Id actually be furious

I agree (not about the tata's). I see all these systems these days talking about 1,000 watts this and 5 cubic foot boxes and then it doesn't do anything. OP, I am by no means trying to get down on your system, this has been building inside me for a while and I gotta comment.

I just walked out and did this. Here's 2 tens on 99 watts: YouTube - 2 tens on 99 watts

Here's the system: YouTube - new amps

The box is .64 cubic foot per sub, that's just at half a cubic foot for each sub, I get to keep almost my entire trunk, I'm running a whopping 99 watts of power to the subs (44 watts each).

I drive a Lexus which has a steel back wall and NO PORT THROUGH. As juvenile as this window trick stuff is (I mean c'mon I'm 33 and been doing this 15 years) I did it to show that it doesn't take much to shake a pillowcase.

If I had a 5 cubic foot box and 12's on ANY amount of power I'd be pissed if I couldn't make that cloth stand up on that window. You should probably tune up a little by shaving that down down some. The frequency you are at doesn't agree with those subs.

Big boxes for $50 worth of subs though?? If youre gonna lose your entire trunk, might aswell put something reasonable in there to actually take advantage of the space
DOUCHE! WOT! Wow dude. Subs on a good day are $150 a pop. Aint bad at all. And why the fcuk are you complaining about box size? You have had some of the biggest, ugliest boxes in CA history.........

End rant.

Kevin

I agree (not about the tata's). I see all these systems these days talking about 1,000 watts this and 5 cubic foot boxes and then it doesn't do anything. OP, I am by no means trying to get down on your system, this has been building inside me for a while and I gotta comment.
I just walked out and did this. Here's 2 tens on 99 watts: YouTube - 2 tens on 99 watts

Here's the system: YouTube - new amps

The box is .64 cubic foot per sub, that's just at half a cubic foot for each sub, I get to keep almost my entire trunk, I'm running a whopping 99 watts of power to the subs (44 watts each).

I drive a Lexus which has a steel back wall and NO PORT THROUGH. As juvenile as this window trick stuff is (I mean c'mon I'm 33 and been doing this 15 years) I did it to show that it doesn't take much to shake a pillowcase.

If I had a 5 cubic foot box and 12's on ANY amount of power I'd be pissed if I couldn't make that cloth stand up on that window. You should probably tune up a little by shaving that down down some. The frequency you are at doesn't agree with those subs.
Thank you for your valuable input. I will take this into consideration the next time around.

DOUCHE! WOT! Wow dude. Subs on a good day are $150 a pop. Aint bad at all. And why the fcuk are you complaining about box size? You have had some of the biggest, ugliest boxes in CA history.........
End rant.

Kevin
Not to stand up for Qxxx4, because he's a douche and all, but I think he meant the subs are worth $50 each. But thanks for standing up for me. I'm not the only one on here who understands that Kicker subs aren't necessarily garbage.

Time to 4th order through the rear deck btw, OP. You know you gotta lol.
I would put you in the 132-135db range BTW.

Kevin
I probably won't be doing that anytime soon. I just got my box. And 133-135? Not bad, I guess. Only a TL will tell. I'm hoping to get someone to meter it for me this summer to get some actual numbers. Any other takes on what kind of numbers you think it's capable of?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.