First time Dynamat User - Need some Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hook Me Up
10+ year member

It's Bad Boy Baby
Indiana
Alright I bought the heat gun, the razor, the roller, and the dynamat. Now my question is this.

Is the dynamat supposed to be like really thin, i thought it was like a centimeter in thickness but the stuff i got was like the thickness of a mouse pad, about a fourth of a centimeter is this correct, I havent ever used it before

you don't need a heat gun,

1) Clean the surface of what you want to dynamat with windex or other like products that do not contain solvents

2) Peel the brown backing

3) Apply it from one end to the other

4) Roll as you apply to avoid air bubbles

5) You are done, if you still have air bubbles, use a needle to relase the air, and then roll over the bubbles to ensure adhesion.

As far as thickness is concerned i don't know much about that.

You dont *NEED* a heat gun but it will definately help you in sticking it and manuevering it into every little nook and cranny.

I didnt use a roller i used my strong fingers...

Its going to be as thick as or thinner then a mouspad forsure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.