First System

Participant count
  • Participant list

xigotmailx
10+ year member

Ok, well, i'm new to this and I just don't want to pay more than I have to by buying the wrong thing.

I'm looking at getting:

Kenwood DPX302 Headunit: 22 RMS/4x50 Peak

6x9 Kicker Speakers: 70 RMS/140 Peak

as well as

15" CompVR Kicker: 500 RMS/1000 Peak Dual-4 Ohm

or

12" L7: 750 RMS/1500 Peak Dual-4 Ohm

The problem I am having is what type of amp to get (Kicker Amp). For the amp how many watts do I actually need? I read that you only need to worry about the RMS, but I don't know if that was true or not.

I also need help on what type of wires to get as well.

Money really is no object, but I don't want to pay more than I have to. If anyone can help, your advice will be considered, but I do need it quick.

Note: It will get professionally installed.

Ok, well, i'm new to this and I just don't want to pay more than I have to by buying the wrong thing.
I'm looking at getting:

Kenwood DPX302 Headunit: 22 RMS/4x50 Peak

6x9 Kicker Speakers: 70 RMS/140 Peak

as well as

15" CompVR Kicker: 500 RMS/1000 Peak Dual-4 Ohm

or

12" L7: 750 RMS/1500 Peak Dual-4 Ohm

The problem I am having is what type of amp to get (Kicker Amp). For the amp how many watts do I actually need? I read that you only need to worry about the RMS, but I don't know if that was true or not.

I also need help on what type of wires to get as well.

Money really is no object, but I don't want to pay more than I have to. If anyone can help, your advice will be considered, but I do need it quick.

Note: It will get professionally installed.
I would give the L7 a try personally, along with a Kicker KX1200.1 wired to 2 ohms (parallel) will get you around 600 rms...pretty good match of power. And Id suggest heading to knukonceptz.com to get power wire and darvex.com has a good selection of accessories.

Ok, so I decided on the '08 Kicker 12" L7 4-Ohm and the '08 Kicker ZX750.1 Monoblock Amp.

Both have an RMS of 750W, and I should wire the Sub at 2-Ohms to the amp, correct?

I still need to know exactly what type of wires to buy. If you could point me in the right direction, I think I need 4 Gauge or better, right?

Alright, well should I just try to match up the RMS and not the peak? Because i'm looking at the ZX series of amps by kicker.
yep. They make good ish, so good choice. I only wish they could be 1 ohm capable, but I ain't complaining.

In car audio its usually better to get amps bigger than needed especially starting off because most people end up wanting more....as they get use to it...Some people become car audio addicts once the bug hits.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok, so I decided on the '08 Kicker 12" L7 4-Ohm and the '08 Kicker ZX750.1 Monoblock Amp.
Both have an RMS of 750W, and I should wire the Sub at 2-Ohms to the amp, correct?

I still need to know exactly what type of wires to buy. If you could point me in the right direction, I think I need 4 Gauge or better, right?

I would get the best amp you could afford for upgrade purposes. It'll save you in the long run, you would just have to set the gains and such accordingly. Also 4 gauge should be the smallest you go. Once avian if you can afford it, get 1/0 gauge wire and just a 4 gauge adapter.

Sorry, but what exactly would I need...wiring wise? I'm getting rear speakers, the sub and amp. If it wouldn't be too much trouble to post everything I needed.

I also know that I won't be upgrading for a very long time...5 years at the least.

power wire/ ground wire - I would talk to team h&k on this one. He usually have 50 feet spools at a really Hella good price. Or you could get the kicker amp kit, I believe it's called pd1, or some ish.

Speaker wire- I usually us 12 gauge power wire for my subs/ speakers.

4 AWG adapter- if you do decide to go with 1/0 wire which I recommend, the use would need these for you power and negative terminals on your amp with out shaving some of the wire off.

I would write more but I'm on a d$mn iPhone. But this is pretty much the basics!

Sorry, but what exactly would I need...wiring wise? I'm getting rear speakers, the sub and amp. If it wouldn't be too much trouble to post everything I needed.
I also know that I won't be upgrading for a very long time...5 years at the least.
We all know thats a complete lie.

You'll want to upgrade in a few months..

So the kicker amp kit would give me everything I needed? Or would I still need more things after that?

I went an entire year without thinking about it, and I could go without the system, I just want one :p But seriously, If I get this, I won't need to upgrade unless something breaks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.