First Project

Well, 2 RE SE's are about 2x the price, need 2x the power.

Thats all you need to compare them

Tempest= SQ with SPL, it will beat the RE in SQ( Ask anyone who uses a Tempest //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)

Yeah they may be a little more but are they much better? Or would I be better off going with one really good sub like a XXX or Brahama? Which would be better, a two properly powered SEs or a properly powered XXX/Brahama? Just curious.

Yeah they may be a little more but are they much better? Or would I be better off going with one really good sub like a XXX or Brahama? Which would be better, a two properly powered SEs or a properly powered XXX/Brahama? Just curious.
Adire Audio Brahmas (owner biased).
Better in what sense though?

As far as SQ/linearity is concerned, the Brahmas are a tad better than the XXXs. The XXXs have slightly better power handling, and slightly louder output (it peaks around 30Hz IIRC) however, as much as anyone wants to exagerrate these differences, all I can tell you is they are VERY similar sounding subs.

The RE SE's are in a different class of woofer, in my opinion. They are more geared towards SPL, and do not offer the SQ benefits of the XBL^2 motor structure.

As far as loudness is concerned a lot of it is install-dependant. Enclosure type/size, power, filtering/equalization, list goes on and on. Its nearly impossible to say without actually trying both setups.

Two SE's will have a lot more cone area than a single sub. More cone area=more output (SPL). However, I think you're needs would be met with one Brahma/XXX. It's your call.

I think I am going to end up going with two 15" SEs. Now I need to find a set of comps and amps for around $770. I need a sub amp to do at LEAST 1200 watts at 1 ohm and an amp for comps. Any suggestions?

Ok say I get a set of components for $225, either way I still need to get two amps for around $600. Is that possible? I want high quality equipment so I will not have to upgrade right away.

Anyone want to suggest an amp that does 1200 watts at 1 ohm and a matching amp that can power a set of comps?

hey if ur plannin on portin ur box later u dont really need 1200 watts. im goin with 1100 for my 2 12" SE's. if u want a decent cheap amp that really lasts get a hifonics brutus. im goin with all memphis amps. and they come out to b at $585. thats a lil under ur budget. if ur interested there in ma sig.....

Where did you order those Memphis' from? I want to power them with at least the bare minimum. I know Memphis makes a 1500 watt and a 1300 watt amp because I was looking on their website a few minutes ago. I thought they were much more expensive though. Maybe I will look into Memphis. Where would be the cheapest place to order them from? I want New In Box.

Oh and right now I am going to stick with sealed. I am just saying that if I don't like the sound of them sealed I can go ported. I just want to start off sealed though and plus it will get me practice at building a box since it will be my first time.

Anyone know where I can buy those Memphis amps for that price? Or does anyone else want to recommend an amp that does around 1200 watts at 1 ohm and a matching amp to power a set of CDT ef-61/cf?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

check into Kicker amps....I'd personally take them over Memphis or other DEI offerings(orion,viper...)

Could I get there 1200 watt amp and a smaller 2 channel amp brand new for less that $600? BTW 3.5 I have been meaning to get a hold of you, get on AIM if you can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.