First post- opinions on my potential setup. SQ, Processors, components, Jeep.

I never went too deep into my deck, as im not completely familiar with tuning... so, basically, it's all the tuning options (Slope, HPF's, LPF's and such?)

I never went too deep into my deck, as im not completely familiar with tuning... so, basically, it's all the tuning options (Slope, HPF's, LPF's and such?)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes. Those who've had first-hand experience with that Pioneer can correct me if I'm wrong. Sometimes you really just have to break out the manual and play around with things. If you mess something up horribly, that's what the master reset is for.

Well if you're willing to step up to the $450 price point, I know you can afford some PHDs. @av83 ; made an excellent review for the PHD FBPro kit that includes a video demo and the thing seriously gave me chills. If I hadn't bought my JBL MS comps already, I would have been banging down doors to get a set of those. That being said, I am definitely pleased with my JBL comps and the metal domes on these tweeters are some of the most pleasant to listen to I've come across yet. You're also open to one or two of Rainbow's systems as well as CDT's HD and ES lines.
@mylows10 ; @trumpet ; @Vertex Audio ; @ge_off_me ;

All of these guys should help you out and possibly even deal directly with you on your purchase.

Looks like i'll be going with the PHD 6.1's, anddd running my rear speakers off my H/U.
Excellent choice.

Great choice. Think you'll be very pleased with them. Did you get the FB or MF?
I'm curious too, but I know one thing... he did waaaay better than the polks, regardless of the line chosen lol.

FB's i do believe. I think i may get a cheap pair of rear speakers for a little bit of fill.
If your HU can do band-passing, you might consider a pair of midbass drivers for the rear. Dayton has tons, including wideband options, for super cheap.

I'm not gonna lie, i read the review, looked into the company a little, and then saw/heard that video...... i was sold. Haha
Yeah, both of av's videos were pretty awesome, but hearing the violin reproduced so accurately, even on a phone camera, really surprised the heck out of me. Good buy, OP. Picking them up at Freezefest?

If your HU can do band-passing, you might consider a pair of midbass drivers for the rear. Dayton has tons, including wideband options, for super cheap.Who/what is Dayton and how do i figure out if my deck has that?

Yeah, both of av's videos were pretty awesome, but hearing the violin reproduced so accurately, even on a phone camera, really surprised the heck out of me. Good buy, OP. Picking them up at Freezefest?
And i'm just going to have them shipped. I dont think i saw his second video. Only the one where he does the distance "test", but while he was by the car, they sounded great. Link tot 2nd video? I'm stuck to using my droid currently, so searching isnt very quick for me.

Also, haha, whats FreezeFest?

And i'm just going to have them shipped. I dont think i saw his second video. Only the one where he does the distance "test", but while he was by the car, they sounded great. Link tot 2nd video? I'm stuck to using my droid currently, so searching isnt very quick for me. Also, haha, whats FreezeFest?
[video=youtube;d8L9OvEBd-M]

Freezefest is this big meet they're doing over towards your neck of the woods. Lot of good stuff is going to be there. Geoff, West, and a few others are going for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.