Adire Audio Shiva mark IV

Participant count
  • Participant list
I dont have the monies.. I read the shiva's are nice drivers! and the jbl is a decent amp.. tell more @ciaonzo; !

sq oriented... Still contemplating this.. maybe get rid my spl audio 15" since its being neglected..

Want kind of response(dbs) would I get out of these with the proper power? Ported?

[quote name='AxT4430']I dont have the monies.. I read the shiva's are nice drivers! and the jbl is a decent amp.. tell more @ciaonzo; !

sq oriented... Still contemplating this.. maybe get rid my spl audio 15" since its being neglected..

Want kind of response(dbs) would I get out of these with the proper power? Ported?[/QUOTE]IIRC, they are XBL^2 and should be great all arounders. Sealed, vented, whatever. Low mass, low inductance, low distortion, all with plenty of output.

I could save some change.. and these wouldnt be too power hungry for my lil alternator.. ~1000 watts daily would be too much for the pair?

Quite a few years ago. I"m not sure about the power handling on that particular driver. They respond well to just about any power. The coils aren't massive so thermal is likely the limiting factor.

Quite a few years ago. I"m not sure about the power handling on that particular drivers. They respond well to just about any power. The coils aren't massive so thermal is likely the limiting factor.
that they do, one characteristic of the xbl motor.. btw, very noob question about the "anatomy and physiology" of motors.. what is a voice coil.. like visually..what is its function.. how is it assembled in general motors?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

what size enclosure guys?

that they do, one characteristic of the xbl motor.. btw, very noob question about the "anatomy and physiology" of motors.. what is a voice coil.. like visually..what is its function.. how is it assembled in general motors? 

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

what size enclosure guys?
Here you go, buddy.
GlassWolf's Pages

So, I get it now.. usually people take gap shots of subs, and the LMT can be easily seen as diifering windings on the visible coil.. Do you see the coil in split-gap coil? Does inductance make the coil move up and down?

Does voice coil rest on a pole? much like a stripper moving up and down and being guided and works harder for dem dollas?

So, I get it now.. usually people take gap shots of subs, and the LMT can be easily seen as diifering windings on the visible coil.. Do you see the coil in split-gap coil? Does inductance make the coil move up and down?
Not usually.
Inductors are coils so voice coils are inherently inductive. Gap treatments with faraday rings and such can help lower inductance and stabilize flux.

Here's an LMT/LMS coil (and a shameless plug).

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/566248-tc-sounds-eclipse-sw8200-lms-12-a.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.