First Lithium Bank

4everdumb

CarAudio.com Newbie
I need help figuring out what kind of lithium bank to build for the setup I'm running, which consists of a sundown salt 3k amp for my subs, 4 channel 400x4 Rockford fosgate punch amp that puts out 50 rms watts per channel at 4 ohms for my midst and highs, and a 320 amp Iraggi alternator. I'm new to lithium so please explain thoroughly what you recommend.

Charging voltage matters. If you're going to build it yourself cmax is a good option but finding cells at a decent price is hard. I'm switching over to pouches and will be doing spim08hp cells

With that voltage I would do with headway Lifepo4 cells.
OK that's what I was thinking of going with from some of the research I've done. Can you explain to me why that would work best for the voltage I'm charging at? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a very curious person and I want to better understand the different kinds of chemistries.

OK that's what I was thinking of going with from some of the research I've done. Can you explain to me why that would work best for the voltage I'm charging at? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a very curious person and I want to better understand the different kinds of chemistries.
I'd say you should search for more info, but that earns you a thirsty goat around here.

If you want to write a check and be done with it, check out JY Power HP-40 battery. I'm very happy with mine. Much more expensive than building your own bank, though.

The headway 8ah HP cells have a "max voltage" of 3.65v each. 3.65v x 4 cells in parallel would be 14.6 volts max.

I would do a 48ah (4p6s bank) larger bank.

Convert one of these to 12v and grab a Haltec 3s4s balancer for $15. 96ah once at 12v. Good for your voltage as well.

Nothing better for the money or even close. Good for up to ~8kW clamped depending on Alt. You just need to make one cut to a bar and add a couple inches of 1/0 in one spot. Several tutorials online. In this video he splits it into two 12v banks and then you would just have to add a wire connecting them into one 12v bank.

This setup usually ends up cheaper than a beefy AGM... Wild how cheap Lifepo4 is getting. Excited to see how NTO performs in the future.

Last edited:
Convert one of these to 12v and grab a Haltec 3s4s balancer for $15. 96ah once at 12v. Good for your voltage as well.

Nothing better for the money or even close. Good for up to ~8kW clamped depending on Alt. You just need to make one cut to a bar and add a couple inches of 1/0 in one spot. Several tutorials online. In this video he splits it into two 12v banks and then you would just have to add a wire connecting them into one 12v bank.

This setup usually ends up cheaper than a beefy AGM... Wild how cheap Lifepo4 is getting. Excited to see how NTO performs in the future.
Can these be ran with agm batts, or is it a one or the other situation?

Just so you guys know. Sorry if you've seen this before. This is why you only need a 5S lithium in most 14.4v systems.

Screenshot_20220725-164317_Messages.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...