Where to get the best price on 1/0 copper wire?

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
I'm getting ready to run a second battery so I can run a 3rd amp but I really don't want drop $300-400 on wire to do it. I figure I'm gonna need 26ft total to get the back (running pos to pos and neg to neg from the main battery). I really don't care about color since only a small bit will be visible and I can heat shrink that whatever color I need. So where can I get the best bang for my buck on copper?

I got 30' of 2/0 welding cable for like 150.00 on Ebay.. It's flex-a-prene brand from ac/dc

or

Legion audio has 1/0 wiring kits on there site for 85.00 but you will only get 17' red and 3' black. I got my friend a couple and the wire is legit..

2/0 EB Flex is currently $3.44 a foot.

lol I know where that company is. That is about 30 mins south of where I am from. That company has been around awhile under a couple different names. They make cable for just about everything including industrial big stuff. Couple of friends used to work at their plant in Kankakee. Think one still does.

2/0 EB Flex is currently $3.44 a foot.

Thanks man...I got my order in...

I'm in ne ar and I work nights so I'd have to give up sleep in order to hit up either the closest audio or welding shop...I like sleep too much for that 🤣

You ever kick it with JP?

Not kick it. I have talked to him when I brought my SFB3K amp back and he was in the warehouse. He told me, "just give the amp to Nico (my friend who works there) and he will get you taken care of. He then gave me full credit for my SFB and let me upgrade to the SIA3500 for $30. I get to buy at dealers cost. The guys who work there have came out and heard my 8's and they are shocked. Whenever I go there now the workers say, "you are the guy with the crazy 8's, right?" "I tell everybody about your truck and they don't believe me." JP is a cool guy man. A lot of people come strong at him.

I've always bought my big cable from weldingsupply.com but you may find good deals on car audio branded stuff here and there when companies go out of business or try to move out old stock. If you want to beat the prices of a welding supply wholesaler you're going to need to find a car audio site/brand selling at break even or a loss. It happens but outside of right place right time, you're not getting something for nothing and I'd be suspicious of any too good to be true pricing you find.

Yeah when I did my alternator, big 3, and run back to the rear...I found a good deal on nvx ofc in 1/0 amp kit...so i bought 2...that had an aluminum core with copper around it...had to return it and went with sky high for that...

Not kick it. I have talked to him when I brought my SFB3K amp back and he was in the warehouse. He told me, "just give the amp to Nico (my friend who works there) and he will get you taken care of. He then gave me full credit for my SFB and let me upgrade to the SIA3500 for $30. I get to buy at dealers cost. The guys who work there have came out and heard my 8's and they are shocked. Whenever I go there now the workers say, "you are the guy with the crazy 8's, right?" "I tell everybody about your truck and they don't believe me." JP is a cool guy man. A lot of people come strong at him.
Figures you'd be friends with that ****** pedo. Weirdos like to hang together

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...