First KnuKonceptz Purchase

Try moving the rca's to a different location. Many head units put out a lot of noise as well...

Switching the rca's out may also help.
Not a lot of spaces behind a civic. I might try redoing all my grounds including the amps to see if there's any success

I've also seen people ground their RCAs behind the HU and have reported relative success with that.
I believe that's only for the Pioneer heads due to the pico fuse issue. Funny thing is I didn't have engine whine with my Pioneer, it's when I switched to this Alpine that it's doing it.

what would the noise be sounding like? I don't think I've ever heard RCA interference.
I don't have interference as much as engine noise. Whines like a mofo and loud as hell

well F me. I just bought some KNU krystal RCA's
Maybe the fixed them up...I haven't had any issues yet. Could also be that it's very install-dependent. I have eliminated any possibility of the power/ground and RCAs coming close to each other and, even though they're traveling the same path as the stock wiring on the floor, zero noise. You should be fine.

Maybe the fixed them up...I haven't had any issues yet. Could also be that it's very install-dependent. I have eliminated any possibility of the power/ground and RCAs coming close to each other and, even though they're traveling the same path as the stock wiring on the floor, zero noise. You should be fine.
which RCA's did you get? I got the krystal kables. And the ends are made of metal.

Klarity. Plastic caps. I got them specifically for the fact it had the built in remote lead

At this point I've learned that RCAs are RCAs. Some are just better a blocking noise than others. I almost got the eKo but decided I'd like the uniformity of the Klarity when I got my splitters for the 4-channel.

Good news: seems the RCA noise issues went away. Maybe it just needed a little cook-in time...

I'll be making another order soon now. I want to get enough wiring to go to a dual amp setup, but I'm not sure if I want to keep my Rockford amp once the eclipse goes in, so maybe I'll offer that up for trade here if someone's willing to let go of their Monoblock in exchange for my P8004. I'm looking for something that'll do around 400W at 2 ohms. Anyone willing? @dragnix ; perhaps...

[quote name='neo_styles']Good news: seems the RCA noise issues went away. Maybe it just needed a little cook-in time...

I'll be making another order soon now. I want to get enough wiring to go to a dual amp setup, but I'm not sure if I want to keep my Rockford amp once the eclipse goes in, so maybe I'll offer that up for trade here if someone's willing to let go of their Monoblock in exchange for my P8004. I'm looking for something that'll do around 400W at 2 ohms. Anyone willing? @dragnix ; perhaps...[/QUOTE]
I would, except that p8004 is a beast of an amp and I drive a civic lol

I would, except that p8004 is a beast of an amp and I drive a civic lol
You gots a point there. I'll probably just keep it and wire each vc to a different channel then. Oh well thanks anyway

I didn't read all the pages here so I don't know if the subject was addressed. Why did you go with 0ga cca and adapters instead of 4ga ofc? Not being critical, just trying to learn about all the electrical before I start ripping wires out of my diesel and replacing them.

I didn't read all the pages here so I don't know if the subject was addressed. Why did you go with 0ga cca and adapters instead of 4ga ofc? Not being critical, just trying to learn about all the electrical before I start ripping wires out of my diesel and replacing them.
The 0ga CCA was more for my own interests. I haven't actually used it because the bulk wire is so effing huge, but wanted to compare it to the GME I got from a friend's shop as a handout. The CCA is also dirt cheap at less than 2 bucks a foot, but if you can sprig the price for the 4ga OFC I say go for it. Either way you go, the wire is crazy flexible and you should definitely be happy with it. Keep in mind, too, that if your wire inputs to your amps are anything like my RF, you're gonna have a bad time. I wish I could have used ring terminals, but it's more like a pressure fitting and it was a rough enough task trying to fit the GME 0ga in there (which is pretty much 4ga). I'm definitely going to be happier using my Eclipse when it comes to the wiring.

Ok, so I'm putting together the list for ordering from knu this weekend. Kinda wanted to go through AT but Coleman didn't answer his email @cthedinger ; wink wink). Anywho, I figured I should put this 0ga CCA to use, so that'll be my ground wire. Am I bottlenecking myself by using 4ga Kolossus for power or should I be fine? Just don't want to have to shell out another 20 bucks for a 0ga compatible fuseholder. Also will be picking up more 14ga speaker wire to bring the tweets up to the dash/a-pillar, RCA adapters for bridging and subs, and ring terminals.

[quote name='neo_styles']Ok, so I'm putting together the list for ordering from knu this weekend. Kinda wanted to go through AT but Coleman didn't answer his email @cthedinger ; wink wink). Anywho, I figured I should put this 0ga CCA to use, so that'll be my ground wire. Am I bottlenecking myself by using 4ga Kolossus for power or should I be fine? Just don't want to have to shell out another 20 bucks for a 0ga compatible fuseholder. Also will be picking up more 14ga speaker wire to bring the tweets up to the dash/a-pillar, RCA adapters for bridging and subs, and ring terminals.[/QUOTE]

Dude you get this figured out? If not, what's the amp you're putting it to? Knu says that 4ga OFC is rated for 150A at 20ft., so what's your amp capable of pulling?

Dude you get this figured out? If not, what's the amp you're putting it to? Knu says that 4ga OFC is rated for 150A at 20ft., so what's your amp capable of pulling?
I'll be running an eclipse 36501 and its fused to 50A. I'll be way under the rated draw of both wires.

Btw I'll be testing some AT OFC 4ga since I just placed an order with Coleman. Also picked up a new pair of RCAs and splitters. It'll be N interesting comparison because the AT is a slightly smaller strand count.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

neo_styles

10+ year member
AKA Pop Twidget
neo_styles
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies