First KnuKonceptz Purchase

so, you'd recommend Monster over Knukonceptz?
I'm running 3 sets of Monster Interlink Reference in my car, They are nearing 15 years old, and I have a set of newer 400 series in the house, and I have no doubt I will never have to buy RCA's again. I also have 2 sets of Knu, Klarity and Krystal, they lasted around 6 months before the pins broke off.

I'm running 3 sets of Monster Interlink Reference in my car, They are nearing 15 years old, and I have a set of newer 400 series in the house, and I have no doubt I will never have to buy RCA's again. I also have 2 sets of Knu, Klarity and Krystal, they lasted around 6 months before the pins broke off.
I am trying these guys out. They are supposed to be high class cables.

Vampire Wire - Audio Cables

Monster makes some Bomb RCA's from what i've experienced and heard. I have about 160 feet of the knu 0 Gauge (kca) in my car and I love it for the price, but compared to my Monster 400 series (ofc) 0 gauge, I would choose the monster wire all day. They both have oversized wire, the outer casing on the Knu just did not impress me compared to the monster, but the Knu is more flexible for sure.
Never worked with the Knu RCA's though, I have been running Kicker Z2 RCA's for a couple years now and have had zero issues.

Just my .02
ahh, okay. I've been debating over both of them lately, and it's nice to get some feedback from someone who's had both.

Okay, that's good to hear. Thanks!

ahh, okay. I've been debating over both of them lately, and it's nice to get some feedback from someone who's had both.
He's right... that Monster 0/1 is absolutely unbeatable for the price.

He's right... that Monster 0/1 is absolutely unbeatable for the price.
I looked on their website, and it doesn't seem too cheap. Like $5 a ft, or around there. Where did you get yours from? Because knu has 1/0 for about $2/ft

Update: NO issues with the RCAs as of yet. The rest of my install, though is an abject failure. When I reconnected the battery, now I'm seeing an Airbag Fault and I made sure everything was properly reconnected. Driving for a period of time after did not clear the fault. Removing and replacing the battery lead didn't either.

Additionally, I couldn't finish cutting the baffles as the Cordless saw I got doesn't have the battery/motor strength to cut my boards, so I'm running with a sub and stock rear speakers ATM, but did test the front pair and they do work well. If anyone's in the Los Angeles area and feels like they can donate their time tomorrow for me to finish this project, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll post a separate thread as well.

[quote name='alec14']I looked on their website, and it doesn't seem too cheap. Like $5 a ft, or around there. Where did you get yours from? Because knu has 1/0 for about $2/ft[/QUOTE]

Not sure where, or if the deal is still going on but they were selling that Monster 1/0 gauge for like 2.50$ a foot I believe for a long time.

Hopefully someone has a link and will chime in.
@neo_styles ; an airbag failure? that is very odd :/ I have personally never seen or heard of that happening.
Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbupw:

Try moving the rca's to a different location. Many head units put out a lot of noise as well...

Switching the rca's out may also help.
I've also seen people ground their RCAs behind the HU and have reported relative success with that.

[quote name='Jerhemy']Not sure where, or if the deal is still going on but they were selling that Monster 1/0 gauge for like 2.50$ a foot I believe for a long time.

Hopefully someone has a link and will chime in.
@neo_styles ; an airbag failure? that is very odd :/ I have personally never seen or heard of that happening.
Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbupw:[/QUOTE]

Forgot to respond to your statement about the AB failure. There's a wire harness that connects to the trim plate around the HU that isn't supposed to be removed. My friend didn't know and pulled that, so it's locked in until I can find someone with a VAGCOM to clear it or, worst case, fork over my soul at the dealership and have them clear it (anywhere from 40-200 bucks).

Forgot to respond to your statement about the AB failure. There's a wire harness that connects to the trim plate around the HU that isn't supposed to be removed. My friend didn't know and pulled that, so it's locked in until I can find someone with a VAGCOM to clear it or, worst case, fork over my soul at the dealership and have them clear it (anywhere from 40-200 bucks).
Ahh that kinda makes sense, almost like the safety airbag system thinks it was in a crash or some bullish? Yeah man those dealerships will take you for all they can, unfortunately.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

neo_styles

10+ year member
AKA Pop Twidget
neo_styles
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies