First KnuKonceptz Purchase

It just depends on your car... My Camry has a lot of noise but you can position the rca's to reduce the noise...
EMI is a fickle bitch. I've got an old tech manual somewhere around here that talks about combating that.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Also, I'm extremely lucky to have a trunk-mounted battery so I won't have to deal with running wires on separate sides.

EMI is a fickle bitch. I've got an old tech manual somewhere around here that talks about combating that. 

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Also, I'm extremely lucky to have a trunk-mounted battery so I won't have to deal with running wires on separate sides.
So after your experience, what do you think of their rca's? Good or bad?

So after your experience, what do you think of their rca's? Good or bad?
Visual quality? I think they're great. But the install isn't until tomorrow, weather permitting, so I can't speak on it yet. I'm optimistic, though.

Visual quality? I think they're great. But the install isn't until tomorrow, weather permitting, so I can't speak on it yet. I'm optimistic, though.
Okay. I'm interested in how they work out, I've been debating on switching to the Krystal series soon. I just wouldn't wanna spend the money if their whole line is crap.

[quote name='alec14']Okay. I'm interested in how they work out, I've been debating on switching to the Krystal series soon. I just wouldn't wanna spend the money if their whole line is crap.[/QUOTE]

I think the main reason I decided on the Krystal was the upgraded shielding and built-in remote lead to make installation easier for my amps. If all you're doing is upgrading existing RCAs, I'm not sure it's worth the risk to change over. Even @mylows10 ; provides Monster and, despite the stigma of Monster being overpriced and undermanufactured, I haven't heard much complaining about Monster's RCAs

[quote name='neo_styles']I think the main reason I decided on the Krystal was the upgraded shielding and built-in remote lead to make installation easier for my amps. If all you're doing is upgrading existing RCAs, I'm not sure it's worth the risk to change over. Even @mylows10 ; provides Monster and, despite the stigma of Monster being overpriced and undermanufactured, I haven't heard much complaining about Monster's RCAs[/QUOTE]

I use these for my sub amp. Knukonceptz product detail for EKO 5 METER RCA CABLE

...for the price, I'm very impressed with them. Best cheapie rca's I've ever laid my hands on.

I bought these for fifteen bucks on black friday WoofersEtc.com - CE1540 - Audiobahn Connections 4 Channel 15 Foot Length RCA Cable

Their pic doesn't convey how nice these are for the price. They're twenty now, and still more than worth it. The ends are BEEFY. I have yet to install them, but they seem very well shielded.

Here's a pic I just took...

61605584.jpg

I use these for my sub amp. Knukonceptz product detail for EKO 5 METER RCA CABLE
...for the price, I'm very impressed with them. Best cheapie rca's I've ever laid my hands on.

I bought these for fifteen bucks on black friday WoofersEtc.com - CE1540 - Audiobahn Connections 4 Channel 15 Foot Length RCA Cable

Their pic doesn't convey how nice these are for the price. They're twenty now, and still more than worth it. The ends are BEEFY. I have yet to install them, but they seem very well shielded.

Here's a pic I just took...

61605584.jpg
I remember being a freshman in High School, looking at Audiobahn's equipment, and wishing I had a job that could have supported this habit then.

Glad you were happy with the eKo...almost went with those, but realized that if I decide to add more power to my comps by bridging a 4-channel amp, I wanted to have matching splitters. It's a stupid reason, but hey...what can you do?

I'm curious to see how the 0ga wire fits into your adapters. I bought the adapters but havent gotten my wire yet. Post up a picture of the wire next to the adapter and let me know how well the Knu wire fits. thanks!

I'm curious to see how the 0ga wire fits into your adapters. I bought the adapters but havent gotten my wire yet. Post up a picture of the wire next to the adapter and let me know how well the Knu wire fits. thanks!
I'll take a side by side shot for you when I get home. Looking at it, it looks like it should fit in just fine. There's a pretty big opening on the mouth of that adapter.

I'll take a side by side shot for you when I get home. Looking at it, it looks like it should fit in just fine. There's a pretty big opening on the mouth of that adapter.
Thats what i thought also but i haven't seen any 0ga in person and haven't worried about checking into it yet since i can't run the boat until summertime. I figured since it is knu adapter and knu wire is oversized it would fit and all the other Oga would look small inside it.

[quote name='neo_styles']I think the main reason I decided on the Krystal was the upgraded shielding and built-in remote lead to make installation easier for my amps. If all you're doing is upgrading existing RCAs, I'm not sure it's worth the risk to change over. Even @mylows10 ; provides Monster and, despite the stigma of Monster being overpriced and undermanufactured, I haven't heard much complaining about Monster's RCAs[/QUOTE]

so, you'd recommend Monster over Knukonceptz?

so, you'd recommend Monster over Knukonceptz?
Monster makes some Bomb RCA's from what i've experienced and heard. I have about 160 feet of the knu 0 Gauge (kca) in my car and I love it for the price, but compared to my Monster 400 series (ofc) 0 gauge, I would choose the monster wire all day. They both have oversized wire, the outer casing on the Knu just did not impress me compared to the monster, but the Knu is more flexible for sure.

Never worked with the Knu RCA's though, I have been running Kicker Z2 RCA's for a couple years now and have had zero issues.

Just my .02

Ok well tomorrow's the day to figure out what will and won't work as long as the weather isn't nasty as shit like it's been tonight. I was in the parking lot at Lowe's removing the baffle because the lumber rep said he could cut my shapes no problem, but turns out he just cut me blocks (goddamnit). So I got a B&D Electric handsaw (think mini-jig) and we'll see how that works out for cutting.

And I'm not recommending one RCA over the other until I've tested mine, but I just know by word of mouth how well-done Monster RCAs are (and I personally hate Monster as a company).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

neo_styles

10+ year member
AKA Pop Twidget
neo_styles
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies