First Build...12" L7 Box....15+ Pics!!

There is a reason though why the slot port is superior. First, it takes up less Vb and more importantly, it adds bracing to the box.
thats true. but by building a removable square port one can experiment changing the tuneing of the box by making th port longer or shorter.or have differnt he could build a few ports for it and it set up so has one for daily driving and one for comps/if he really wants to show his friends how loud it can get //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif nonetheless good job on the box, next time i would use a bit more braceing

Ya don't need a program //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You got me there,but i get headaches just lookin at the formula.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

PICS of finished (almost) product, just need to carpet it and DONE... all 3.4cubes and 29hz of it!!!!

Itself

box16ou.jpg

Big Port

box21yv.jpg

Port from Inside

box30ma.jpg

12" L7

box49iq.jpg

From the Top

box52bz.jpg

Again

box68jo.jpg

Yeah, too low for a 12" L7. Also, with a slot port, it's typically better if your port is all the way against a wall. For example, my original box design for my 4 12" L7s had my port in the middle, but when you have the port in the middle, you losesome SPL and response because the air "has to find the port". By that I mean, if you had the port against a wall, the air is forced in one direction only and will leave the box much quicker vs. a box with a port where air can go completely around the port. Now I doubt that it really makes a noticeable difference, but I've been told that several times, so now my box for my 4 12" L7s has the port against the wall. Other than that, you have a great box constructed.

Yeah, too low for a 12" L7. Also, with a slot port, it's typically better if your port is all the way against a wall. For example, my original box design for my 4 12" L7s had my port in the middle, but when you have the port in the middle, you losesome SPL and response because the air "has to find the port". By that I mean, if you had the port against a wall, the air is forced in one direction only and will leave the box much quicker vs. a box with a port where air can go completely around the port. Now I doubt that it really makes a noticeable difference, but I've been told that several times, so now my box for my 4 12" L7s has the port against the wall. Other than that, you have a great box constructed.
What do you mean its too low? What will it affect? A guy with 2 L7's has his box tuned really low ~30hz and he says it sounds AMAZING!

And thanks for the compliment!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.