First Box, Soundqubed hdc3 18

Participant count
  • Participant list

n3w_3ra

Hey guys whats up.

I just recently got my soundqubed hdc3 18 in the mail and would like to make a ****** box for it. Ive never made one before so I would like some help.

Vehicle : 2004 chevy blazer

Location in the vehicle: rear

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 38 wide, 22 1/2 height, 29 length ( front of the car to back )

Subwoofer make and model: Soundqubed hdc3

Subwoofer Size: 18

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot

What type of music do you like?: rap, techo,

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz): lowest recommended tuning

Volume : the bigger the box the better as long as it sounds good.

Questions: Im going to be pushing this with a sundown sax 1200 so im assuming the box needs to be on the bigger side since im going to be underpowering it. Like I said this is my first box, I looked on the website and cant find what to tune the box too but ive looked around and seen that people say they like mid- high 30's

Sorry I just realized the title is sort of misleading lol

Last edited by a moderator:
F b = 3 6 H z

V b = 6 f t ^ 3

E x t e r n a l H e i g h t = 1 9 . 7 5 i n

E x t e r n a l W i d t h = 3 7 . 5 i n

E x t e r n a l D e p t h = 2 3 i n

P o r t W i d t h = 5 3 / 4 i n

Does this look good for my setup? Should I double up the mdf on the port, and do 45's in the corners?

Mine is 45 inside the box. Did two 6 inch aero ports. Resin coated inside the box. Everything to keep turbulence down. When it's 100% finished I can show you. Mine is 9 ply birch. Was going to do 1 inch MGP.

I already bought the mdf cost $35 dollars a sheet... highway robbery. Anyways I'm pretty new to this **** and I want it to perform to the best it can for what I can do. If someone could come up with a better build I would be really happy.

[quote name='n3w_3ra']I already bought the mdf cost $35 dollars a sheet... highway robbery. Anyways I'm pretty new to this **** and I want it to perform to the best it can for what I can do. If someone could come up with a better build I would be really happy.[/QUOTE]

Well if u want to pay for a design @Buck; can help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.