General box help American Bass XFL 15

Participant count
  • Participant list
Vehicle : 02 volvo xc70

Location in the vehicle: Rear(It's a staation wagon so it's all open)

Space available (Length x Width x Height):

Subwoofer make and model: American Bass XFL 1544

Subwoofer Size: 15

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): still to be determined

What type of music do you like?: Rap with some electronicish music

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday but I like to get low

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32 or below

Hi my name is Dean, I recently purchased an Xfl 15 locally the guy also gave me a box for it. The box is freakin huge and impractical, its 8 cubes gross 5.66 net @ 28hz. Right now I have it on 600 watts and suprisingly it gets pretty nasty on the lows, now im in the process of designing a more practical box. From what I understand more space = more efficient, so if i were to build a box closer to 4 cubes on 800 to 1000 at a similiar tuning what would it be possible to surpass the current response to low frequency, or would it just be better to tune to a different freq for a flatter sound. Thanks Guys.

O ok, I just don't really know much about these larger woofers but I am definietly very happy with it. I just came from an sa12 in a 3 cube gross box so this thing just seems really freakin huge to me lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.