Firewall filler

What type of material do you use to fill in a hole after you have ran your wires through it? Help please.. Thanks in advance
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
to "fill" the hole or what to put in the hole to protect the wire thats going thru said hole?

to "fill" the hole or what to put in the hole to protect the wire thats going thru said hole?
I know about grommet... But I've seen someone use a black material to kinda fill in the grommet so the wire doesn't slide

I know about grommet... But I've seen someone use a black material to kinda fill in the grommet so the wire doesn't slide
i wasnt sure if you were looking to fill the hole after removing the wire or what you were referring to. Silicon is probably going to be your best bet. Only really needed on the engine side to waterproof and itll adhere to the wire. Pretty permanent tho.

i wasnt sure if you were looking to fill the hole after removing the wire or what you were referring to. Silicon is probably going to be your best bet. Only really needed on the engine side to waterproof and itll adhere to the wire. Pretty permanent tho.
Sounds like a plan... Thanks for advice

Yes. I use on both sides even if i use a rubber grommet. I still seal with Silicone.

I still silicone that joker.I make sure its sealed.Rubber gaskets give and become brittle in a short period of time. Silicone last a good 10-20 years to seal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jsound

Jsound
Charlotte, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
audiobaun