Finished SS and speaker/amp Install! Pics.

HappyG
10+ year member

CA
FINISHED!

Before-

DSC00254.jpg

After-

DSC00267.jpg

After after-

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

Difference is quite dramatic even without the door panels put back on yet. Took roughly 6.5hrs from start to finish on ONE door which included removal of the adhesive crap/cleaning/vacuuming/etc...what a PITA but worth it.

ARC Audio Amp powering 6.5 inch AVI FRM components.

DSC00411.jpg

Forgot to add this one..the HU and accessories had already been installed, but the amp and components were new additions. Sounds amazing!!

Also, I did not cut myself...just takes common sense and patience to prevent injuries, however my arms and hands got fawked up trying to do yoga manuevers trying to get in the tight spots. Ouch.

Here's why I deadened my doors...

DSC00426.jpg

Ahh very nice .. If you dont mind me asking where did you buy the 880 ?
I got it off eBay...I was pretty hesitant purchasing a higher priced item on eBay, but found a great seller with 100% feedback in the thousands.

why did it take so long?
Because I did it right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The cleaning of the adhesive took a good 1.5hrs, but applying pressure and getting inside the door skin is quite difficult, especially if you have bigger hands and arms. I'm also a little anal when it comes to things being done right the first time, so that might've added an hour to the installation, but if you try to rush and cut corners, you're not going to get a good install which negates the entire purpose of trying to sound deaden your doors.

Taking measurements and cutting the material also took a bit of time as you can't just apply randomly sized pieces to all of the metal.

Man I am sure many could say that they didn't take 6.5 hours to deaden one door and probably sounds phenomanal. I commend you on the patience you have, but just because we didn't take that long to do our doors don't mean we did it wrong or cut corners.

Looks good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Hurry up next time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Man I am sure many could say that they didn't take 6.5 hours to deaden one door and probably sounds phenomanal. I commend you on the patience you have, but just because we didn't take that long to do our doors don't mean we did it wrong or cut corners.
I didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass implying that others that didn't take as much time as I did performed a piss poor job..my apologies.

I just like doing things right the first time, and after reading a lot of posts about sound deadening on this forum, decided to take it slow. I might've taken too much time, but I'm totally satisfied with the work that I did and don't have any doubts about it in the long run which was my intention from the get go.

whoa...what'd you do that took 6.5 hours to deaden the door? good job and nice products though
Taking measurements and trying to apply enough pressure inside the door skin probably took the longest time. This was a solo job, so I didn't have anyone handing me cut pieces or helping me clean some of the door panels.

Looks good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Hurry up next time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
6.5 is a lil long. it took me and another installer 3 maybe 4 at the most to deaden 4 doors. WE installed 6.5s in the back and a compent set upfront.
I was going to ask a buddy to help me, but decided that I'd rather do it myself and make sure that if something were to go wrong, it would be on me. I think it was overall a good experience. My doors are also a little larger then a cars door, and I also did 2 layers inside and 3 layers near the speaker hole.

Pics of the rest of the install?
I got a 99 Tahoe LT
That's all for now..lol. I'm going to have a false floor built adjacent to my current amp which will house my sub and my 2nd amp powering the sub. Hopefully something a bit more permanent as opposed to the temporary mount that I have now.

I do have a Pioneer 880PRS HU along with XM and iPod adapter which is pretty standard and nothing crazy. I also have my components installed, but they went in the stock locations so nothing crazy there either...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.