Finding a GOOD BATTERY.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sebaslegrand
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright so I'm in a bit of a bind.

My biggest problem is location. I live in Quebec, Canada, therefore importing of batteries is way too expensive and useless. The problem I am experimenting is the fact that there are no good batteries to choose from here, whatsoever, and I don't really feel like taking a trip down in the USA just to go and get one, which would cost me as much in gas as it would in shipping, and added on top of the fact that doing a roadtrip that long without a proper sound system would be flat-out boring.

I looked into a lot of batteries for my system and I had decided upon 2-3 models that were pretty awesome for my needs, but again, they don't sell here. The Deka battery and a Shuriken one, both were good on the specs but can't get them.

I need to know if any of you know of a place around here that would have good batteries in stock? Surely there are some Canadian system builders in here that ran into this problem...

I was told to get the DieHard Platinum from Sears but after myriad of calls, they don't carry it in the Canada portion of the Sears market. So, I'm back to square one.

My build is this :

Front Stage : IMAGE DYNAMICS CTX65CS

Rear Stage : Polk Audio MM651

Speaker Amp : Tarantula TX4.440

Sub Stage : 2x Skar Audio VVX 10 DV4

Sub Amp : Soundstream Rubicon 1.1600D

Wiring : 1/0 Gauge Kolossus Fleks

(I don't want comments on my build, please refrain from telling me the Polks su-ck or the Tarantula amp is poor compared to others, I know that and will probably change them for different ones with similar specs.)

Thanks.

P.S : This is the Shuriken Battery I was after, if you know of a similar battery in terms of specs available here in Quebec, or Canada with free shipping, let me know!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17905_SHURiKEN-SK-BT100.html

How would that fix my problem? It would still cost them a whole ton of money to send it to me, not counting brokerage fees and taxes upon crossing the borders...

They would have access to all the Deka/Shuriken kind of brands too? and get them delivered without (or without many) extra fees?
Call sears 800 number you can order batt and have it shipped to your local store free of charge.

Give your local 18wheeler repair shops a call in your area they will have the ability to get you something also... Most big rigs use drycell batts.. My old dekas were pulled from a rig...

Thanks a bunch, just called and they're closed but they didn't mention any open hours for some reason. I guess I'll just go to bed and call later. Thanks for the insight!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.