Finally installed my setup. Clicking sound from speakers? More bass? Suggestions?

sub box as in this you friggin tard...
2007_10_26_16_02_26_SFX-Audio-10-D-S.jpg
I thought thats what I gave? Kicker TC-10

oh, i got you brah.

first, set all of your eq settings on the head unit to 0 (bass, treble, etc.). turn loudness setting off as well

on the amp, set the gain to about 3/4, the bass eq at 0 db and the low pass to 80.

report back with your findings

i highly doubt clipping isn't why you aren't getting expected output, there are a lot of people on here who will talk on matters they know nothing about.

my guess is that your boxes are far too small for the subs.

hey that clicking sound is it from the subs or the door speakers? i had a clicking sound but it deffeniantly WAS NOT clipping your rcas could be touching as thats wat was wrong with mine.

Do your subs sound like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Its probably the arbitrary settings you chose on the amps adjustments. Do what crispy said ^^^^

alright, cool. thanks guys. This gives me something to work off of.

im going to try out those settings after work later and post back. The clicking sound sounds like it comes from the speakers, not the subs, but I'll double check later on that too. There's no RCA's hooked to the speakers. The speakers are wired up directly to the receiver after being split in the fuse box to the tweeters (Receiver->Fuse Box->(Component)+(Speaker). The only RCA cables I use is from the receiver to the amp (which only outputs to the subs).

thanks again. hopefully i'll find out more later.

I thought thats what I gave? Kicker TC-10
If thats the box your subs are in then that is one of your problems. First you need to fix your amp settings the way they have already been mentioned. Then, find someone on here that can build you a real box thatll let those puppies pound. Just fyi prefab boxes **** @$$.

im going to try out those settings after work later and post back. The clicking sound sounds like it comes from the speakers, not the subs, but I'll double check later on that too. There's no RCA's hooked to the speakers. The speakers are wired up directly to the receiver after being split in the fuse box to the tweeters (Receiver->Fuse Box->(Component)+(Speaker). The only RCA cables I use is from the receiver to the amp (which only outputs to the subs).

If you have clicking from your door speakers then check all of your wires between the "(Receiver->Fuse Box->(Component)+(Speaker)" you explained above for any naked places in the wires. Also, make sure your reciever is grounded properly.

It doesnt matter if their running off the headunit and just the bass has the amp going to it, this is how a setup i had was, when the rcas touched behinf the headunit it made one of my rear speakers constantly pop. so double check this cus sounds like the same thing.

if the clicking is coming from your full range speakers then you need to turn on/ up the high pass filter (hpf)
this can be true but not always, like im saying it wasnt even all my speakers just a loud pooping noise from one of the rears and as soon as i unplugged the rcas it stoped, you should make sure its not coming from the subs then unplug the rcas, if it stops then thats your problem.

It doesnt matter if their running off the headunit and just the bass has the amp going to it, this is how a setup i had was, when the rcas touched behinf the headunit it made one of my rear speakers constantly pop. so double check this cus sounds like the same thing.
did it play music and you could just hear the popping on quiet parts of a song? did the popping get louder as the volume was turned up?

did it play music and you could just hear the popping on quiet parts of a song? did the popping get louder as the volume was turned up?
it would play music but with static and popping was the same loudness i believe. lol but dont help me my problem is already solved, i fixed it by isolating my rcas by wrapping elctrical tape around the exposed metal sides, fixed it 100%

it would play music but with static and popping was the same loudness i believe. lol but dont help me my problem is already solved, i fixed it by isolating my rcas by wrapping elctrical tape around the exposed metal sides, fixed it 100%
lol I was asking because I am having a similar issue. I'll try wrapping them in tape today

lol I was asking because I am having a similar issue. I'll try wrapping them in tape today
lol oh no prob, how doe the back of your headunit look does the rcas plug directly into the back of the HU or does the back of the HU have cords coming out that dangle with RCA outputs? mine had the cords and when they dangled down under the dash they touched.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.