Finally installed my setup. Clicking sound from speakers? More bass? Suggestions?

crewxp
10+ year member

I have a feeling its just an issue of settings on the amp hopefully. But I was wondering how to tune my subs. I have two 10" kickers in the back powered by a 500W Alpine amp. Bass comes from them, but I feel like the bass should be louder than it is. I have my amps settings (gain, LP, and EQ) All on the middle setting, and Gain on 3/4. I feel like people's cars ive been in with only one 10" made louder bass than my two 10"'s

And I noticed one 'tiny' problem today though. When the radio was on, I heard a clicking sound when music was playing coming from the speakers. When I paused the cd, the clicking sound still clicked. I didn't have long to play with it, but I hope its nothing serious.

Other than the clicking problem and bass tuning, thats it! Im glad its all finished and hope I can fix these two quirks soon.

Any suggestions?

Setup:

Amp: Alpine MRP-M500Per channel output into 4 ohms:

Per channel output into 2 ohms:

Input Inpedance: RCA IN: 20k ohms | SP IN: 40K ohms

Frequency Response: 20-200Hz

Sub (2): Kicker TC10--C

Normal Impedance: 4ohm

Sensitivity: 93.8dB

Power Handling Watts, Peak: 300 (150) RMS

Receiver: JVC KD-HDR60

So if the bass isnt as loud as it should be, that probably means that the subs are clipping?

Sorry if this sounds stupid. (My first time installing my own car setup). But what do you mean by how did I set my gains? Do you mean what are my settings on the amp for the subs?

op, you need to talk to someone in person. you will not understand the problem over the internet with the people on here. you'll be lucky to find someone patient and willing to actually help on this site.

lol ****! Sorry. There are many kinds of boxes. Im not that familiar yet with audio only terms. Im assuming by BOX you mean my sub box specs:

Type Single

Impedance (OHMS) 4

Woofer (in., cm) 10, 25

Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 300/150

to set gain you take rms*impedience then the square root of that answer is the voltage your amp needs to read while playing a test tone. so comps are 150 rms, so 300*2 ohm= 600 sqrt of 600= 24.49volts coming off your amp.

lol ****! Sorry. There are many kinds of boxes. Im not that familiar yet with audio only terms. Im assuming by BOX you mean my sub box specs:
Type Single

Impedance (OHMS) 4

Woofer (in., cm) 10, 25

Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 300/150
lols

yeah sobe, I realized. 2 pm's cussing me out for some reason, and a angry person or two on here. Im at work, so I thought i would ask. Ill probably ask in person later when i get off if i can find someone thats knowledgeable enough. I live in a small town, so thats kinda hard.

just thought i could read a bit into it while at work.

sub box as in this you friggin tard...

2007_10_26_16_02_26_SFX-Audio-10-D-S.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.