final sub choice....

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaboran
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i am currently in the process of upgrading my subs.. i have a phoenix gold x600.1 wantint to power something more worth its time than a pair of volfenhag zx4812

i have narrowed my choice down to 2 options.. both will be placed in a ported box in the trunk of an 02 taurus.. tuned to approximately 34hz

option 1: pair of 12" tc-1000

option 2: single 12" tc-3000

i think i would be happy with either option.. i am NOT going into competetions or anything with the setup.. i want something loud, yet controlled with a quality 600+watts going to it (sql)

i appreciate any second opinions on this subject... i have looked at many other sub choices and wish NOT to look at any other(mostly because i have exhausted that avenue and have narrowed it down to 2 choices)

thanks

i am currently in the process of upgrading my subs.. i have a phoenix gold x600.1 wantint to power something more worth its time than a pair of volfenhag zx4812
i have narrowed my choice down to 2 options.. both will be placed in a ported box in the trunk of an 02 taurus.. tuned to approximately 34hz

option 1: pair of 12" tc-1000

option 2: single 12" tc-3000

i think i would be happy with either option.. i am NOT going into competetions or anything with the setup.. i want something loud, yet controlled with a quality 600+watts going to it (sql)

i appreciate any second opinions on this subject... i have looked at many other sub choices and wish NOT to look at any other(mostly because i have exhausted that avenue and have narrowed it down to 2 choices)

thanks
Just think..... "Do I want 1 sub or 2?" It's that simple. 2 can make for a slightly more involved install.... 1 would save space....

It's all up to you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Just think..... "Do I want 1 sub or 2?" It's that simple. 2 can make for a slightly more involved install.... 1 would save space....
It's all up to you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
hence the importance of second opinions... lol.. if oi go 2 subs.. each will be in their own chamber 1.7cu ft... if i go single sub.. it will be in a 4cu ft box... i am not concerned about the space thing

hence the importance of second opinions... lol.. if oi go 2 subs.. each will be in their own chamber 1.7cu ft... if i go single sub.. it will be in a 4cu ft box... i am not concerned about the space thing
u can get better for cheaper..IMO...if ur only working with 600 watts..then just get the 2 1000s...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.