Does anyone know how much power I can reasonably give my sub?

NeedDirections
10+ year member

alligator toilet seats
It's a Diamond Audio TDX 12" (The older model...lemme find a pic)

I have a Planet Audio VX2200D amp. I have read several different RMS specs for this sub, and I want to know if anyone knows what it can actually handle. It is a Dual 4

Diamond4.jpg

Nice sub! It should take it....provided you use common sense of course. I know someone who ran a Memphis 2000D to one daily with no issues. It pounded like no other single sub setup I have ever heard too.

Sweet ride you got there. I think my next car will be a V70R....I have a thing for turbo wagons lol. They make great sleepers and have great room for audio gear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

MOst sub if not overrated there should work . +- 10 5 off their rated . RMS > and cn handle sudden peak twice or 1.5 time their RMS .

so if you using it for daily bashing . i suggest you don't ride it too hard .

plus .. your would damage your ear . if you ride it 100 % i don't think you are listening to test tone . so if you want SQ or SQL nobody drive it to the max .

if it rated at 1000 rms you need to tune the gain down also . so to see how much it can handle . you can do so by setting yout HU volume to 75% and then from ZERO GAIN . you turn up slowly till you start to hear distortion . and then tuen back down 10 % or so . that would be the best peak you can handle .

a TDX can easly take 1500 watt of CLEAN power. listen for distotion and any mechanical noise from the sub when settin your gains

MOst sub if not overrated there should work . +- 10 5 off their rated . RMS > and cn handle sudden peak twice or 1.5 time their RMS .

plus .. your would damage your ear . if you ride it 100 % i don't think you are listening to test tone . so if you want SQ or SQL nobody drive it to the max .

if it rated at 1000 rms you need to tune the gain down also . so to see how much it can handle . you can do so by setting yout HU volume to 75% and then from ZERO GAIN . you turn up slowly till you start to hear distortion . and then tuen back down 10 % or so . that would be the best peak you can handle .
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Lurk more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.