Final setup pictures

Is there enough airflow for that amp? Not to bo overly critical or anything, but why didnt you just run down to walmart and buy grey carpet before you put everything in?

haha! thas a big door an alotta sound deadner!! lol i like it man.
ha and the zero gauge , hide that **** cracka,

now yall can be real men and sound deadn da roof:)

That's not 0/1 AWG.

That looks like 4-AWG, or 2AWG with a really thin jacket.

I'm working on an F-150 now. My brother's '03, and that shiz is easy to run wires... but finding a good place to mount amps was a bish. I ended up just doing it under the seats, but it's a tight fit, man.

As for OP: try to have the sub firing into the cabin and seal the trunk off from the cabin. That way your sub isn't pressurizing your trunk and you'll get more output.

its so easy to do a big 3 on that type of car, it is almost identical to my car(under hood wise).
nice amp btw
It is super easy. The most difficult was from the negative on the battery to the engine block. I am looking for a different amp. When i got that one the 4th channel was blown.

Ya underhood wiring looks EASY there, I cant even see my freakin alternator from the top
again, it was very simple.

how loud is it? i have one alpine type x in a sealed box and it's not that loud. i'm thinking of getting another x and a ported box.
I have about 300rms going to my idmax and it is loud IMO. It gets plenty loud on rap and blends beautifully when i listen to most of my daily music (ex. DMB, classic rock, red hot chili peppers, etc.)

Is there enough airflow for that amp? Not to bo overly critical or anything, but why didnt you just run down to walmart and buy grey carpet before you put everything in?
The amp seems to do fine temperature wise. It may be a different story in the summer, but it is still getting up in the 70s and the amp is not very warm at all. The sides of my amp cover are open and so is that little bit in the front. As for the carpet, I dont have a job so i am trying to save money. Everything i did over our christmas break was from home depot giftcards and such.

That's not 0/1 AWG.That looks like 4-AWG, or 2AWG with a really thin jacket.

I'm working on an F-150 now. My brother's '03, and that shiz is easy to run wires... but finding a good place to mount amps was a bish. I ended up just doing it under the seats, but it's a tight fit, man.

As for OP: try to have the sub firing into the cabin and seal the trunk off from the cabin. That way your sub isn't pressurizing your trunk and you'll get more output.
Umm, i used to have Stinger 1ga. ran from front to back and then distributed to my two amps. I went to one amp in order to be able to remove the 1ga. because it was big and kind of short for my application. Now i have 4ga. If you were talking about my big 4 supposedly it is 1ga. welding cable.

I was thinking of running some side boards and a top board to kind of seal the front pressure from the sub, but i am not really looking for more output. What i need to do is double layer a few sides of my box because it is a little weak. I used all 1/2" MDF because i thought it would be alright with only 300rms going to my sub. I was wrong and will be adding layers, probably double layer each side so i will have a 1" think box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.