fiberglassing inside box

I see some boxes have fiberglass inside and I see this helps air movement, but how much really does this help noticable or only on termlab noticable and can someone post pics if u have a fiberglass inside enclosure
there is no way of telling whether its either its going to improve spl, or lose spl. it just happens. like putting sound deadenor, may gain score, and might lose score.

glassing the inside of a box isnt really as much about air flow as it is about air pressure.... with very large set ups, it helps the box's with the huge air pressure that is built up inside (seals it better, helps with flex, just makes the box stronger in general) ... this can help with spl scores, but not cuz of an air flow perspective, more of just a box flex issue

okay thanks I never though of it like that do you think it would be worth it for my 2 18in dc level 4 xl's for a daily setup, maybe burping hear and there?

you. sir, must know your ****. lol. now im thinking on fiberglassing my corners of my box.
to be effective, you should fiberglass the entire inside.... effectively making a shell, sealing it better, and helping with flex

would that method help to replace bracing?
400x.jpg

glassing the inside of a box isnt really as much about air flow as it is about air pressure.... with very large set ups, it helps the box's with the huge air pressure that is built up inside (seals it better, helps with flex, just makes the box stronger in general) ... this can help with spl scores, but not cuz of an air flow perspective, more of just a box flex issue
fiberglassing doesn't really add strength to straight surfaces.. it will just crack off the wood under pressure..

you. sir, must know your ****. lol. now im thinking on fiberglassing my corners of my box.
to be effective, you should fiberglass the entire inside.... effectively making a shell, sealing it better, and helping with flex
the corners would be the only place worth while.. again fiberglassing does not strengthen flat surfaces until you add INCHES of it and then you are strengthening the wood you are just adding enough fiberglass that it makes itself into a fiberglass enclosure surrounded by wood.. that would be hundreds to cover that much area in inches

would that method help to replace bracing?
No..

Ditto...

Fiberglass won't get a very strong structural bond with the MDF by itself, it's more for making the enclosure air tight.

MDF is somewhat porous, so a thin layer of resin (clear coat, sealer, etc.) can help in that regard.

Your tuning may also go up a frequency or two since a leaky box behaves like a larger box - sealing it up will affect your tuning.

fiberglassing doesn't really add strength to straight surfaces.. it will just crack off the wood under pressure..
the corners would be the only place worth while.. again fiberglassing does not strengthen flat surfaces until you add INCHES of it and then you are strengthening the wood you are just adding enough fiberglass that it makes itself into a fiberglass enclosure surrounded by wood.. that would be hundreds to cover that much area in inches

No..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.