Fiberglass vs. Wood

Participant count
  • Participant list
Fiberglass is easier to form curves, shapes & build into less than square areas and you can also paint or gelcoat the finished box. Wood is easier & faster to work with but you are limited to angles in building. As for the sound difference, boxes made Properly for the peticular application with either material will produce the same results.Most Fiberglass boxes are made with both materials anyway.

Most Fiberglass boxes are made with both materials anyway.
um....no now really.....mabey an original frame that is removed, but even at that more people use wire frames for kicks and such. Fiberglass just allows you to take care of those curves, no huge differences in the sound of them, but a few minor ones to exist.

um....no now really.....mabey an original frame that is removed, but even at that more people use wire frames for kicks and such
I thought we were talking about boxes

I haven't seen too many fiberglass boxes with no wood used in the fabrication at all.

Most Fiberglass boxes are made with both materials anyway.

I have seen plenty...i guess in only sub boxes you see a lot of wood baffles mounted to glass......other than that the whole idea of figerglass is to go where wood cant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.